Sunday, August 23, 2020

Twenty Bucks at Winco

 Yesterday I needed a few things but didn't have it in me to take the bus to any of my usual haunts. Since I can easily walk to and from Winco, I decided to pick up a few essentials to tide me over till I can drag myself to Sprouts or Trader Joe's. 

I didn't want to spend too much, because I want to get lots of fruit and veg wherever I decide to go next week, (Winco's produce quality isn't the best) so I challenged myself to spend no more than twenty dollars. I spent eighteen and some change. Not too shabby!

Garlic, avocado,celery, ginger, 2 apples, onion, grapes, bulk rice and split peas, green onion, Italian Ice, hummus, tofu, Yukon gold potatoes, lemons, oatmilk, strawberry lemonade

I recently found some almond butter on clearance, and I couldn't resist such a bougie ingredient for under two dollars! The only problem is that I don't really love almond butter. So, last night I used it in place of peanut butter for a spicy tofu veggie bowl with almond butter sauce! I definitely see lots of these kind of sauces in my future!!


3 comments:

  1. That is an impressive amount for under $20!
    I also am not the hugest almond butter fan, but have enjoyed it in certain sauces and baking. And occasionally as is. But it is just so freaking expensive here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using almond butter in sauces! That bowl looks great. And I'm impressed that you got all that for under $20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bowl with almond butter sauce looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete