Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thursday Things

 Yesterday I was downtown so I ran in to Harmon's, which is a local grocery store that makes Whole Foods look like Aldi. They are very vegan friendly though, and they get lots of the super expensive specialty vegan stuff. Stuff that sometimes is too bougie for even Sprouts or Natural Grocers. I rarely buy anything, but I like to see what's new and totally out of my reach!

They now sell Impossible ground, and the deli department is using it for their house made takeout meals! Insane pricing, but then again I'm not their target consumer. 

Even though it's crazy expensive, I'm sure the non vegan takeout meals are just as expensive, and it's really cool that they are embracing vegan alternatives and using them. 

Harmon's did have Kevita kombucha on sale so I grabbed a citrus flavor. Citrus is hard to find, and it's so good. Like a booch-y sprite.

Last night I made spicy sweet potato mac and cheese! I just blended a sweet potato with some cashews, salt, pepper and nooch, and then added that back to the pot with my cooked pasta, black beans, green chili and some Miyoko's shredded pepperjack. I also stirred in some cholula and topped my bowl with green dragon sauce. Creamy, spicy and delicious!

Scenes from my couch!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that mac and cheese looks so cheesy and good!
    And those two cuddle buddies, I melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mac & cheese looks so amazingly creamy!
    And yay for cuddles!

    ReplyDelete