Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Oodles of Noodles!

 Last week I made the best ramen I've ever made or eaten. It's a peanut satay ramen, and it tasted and felt fancy, but was actually very easy to make. 

The broth is rich and peanut-y, and it's a little sweet, a little salty and a little spicy. So, so good!

I found the recipe for this dish on a new to me YouTube channel that I have become obsessed with. His name is Will Yeung, and he's a photographer and an amazing vegan chef! He makes recipes that really speak to me, and they're easy to follow. He also gets right to the point, which I really love and appreciate. Sometimes I just want the recipe! Here is his amazing channel, I really hope you check it out! 

This picture does not do the dish justice, but last night I used his recipe for these amazing Singapore noodles! I swapped the bell peppers for carrots and added some chili crunch oil on top. Really, really great! 

He also makes a lot of recipes for one serving, which I really appreciate. I don't always love making recipes for four or six people, because I don't love eating the same thing for days. Although a lot of his recipes I really wouldn't mind living on!





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I cut almost every recipe I come across in half, so I always appreciate anyone who gives me a smaller size batch of things at the outset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, there aren't enough small recipes out there!!

      Delete
  2. I have heard about this recipe from a number of people who all love it, but I always forget about it. YouTube is just not a format I gravitate to. But thank you for the reminder, I really must make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to try it, it's so good! And it feels like a fancy version of ramen, but it's so easy!
      Since I don't have a TV, YouTube sometimes is my guilty pleasure, like bad reality tv or something!

      Delete
  3. Damn, girl. I love noodles. All kinds. Those two dishes look mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were excellent, and will be made again!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, these both look so good!

    ReplyDelete