Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Simple Truth Vegan Mayo!

Simple Truth is Kroger/Fred Meyer/Smith's and Ralph's house organic brand. They've always been pretty vegan friendly, but lately they've really embraced vegan or plant based products. They have vegan deli slices, sausages, burgers, plus various condiments.
I used the last of my veganaise last week, so I decided to give the Simple Truth a try. It was on sale for $2.49, but I think it's regularly $2.69, so it's pretty budget friendly.
It's made with canola oil and pea protein, plus the usual vinegar, lemon juice etc. The ingredients aren't too funky.
I got a gorgeous tomato this weekend, so yesterday for breakfast I had a tomato sandwich and I tried some of the mayo. It's got a great texture, very mayo-y, and the taste is pretty on par with other vegan mayo. I would say it reminds me most of the Hellman's vegan mayo. I will definitely buy this again, you really can't beat the price, and it really does taste great!

I sent Banza a little email telling them how much I loved their pasta. They sent me this really nice canvas tote in response! Canvas totes are the best because they're washable, durable, you can really load them up with groceries, and most importantly they don't dig into your shoulders. Very important when you're a pedestrian!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the new Simple Truth stuff!! Have you had the cream cheese? It's good! And I like the French Onion Dip and the Choc Chip Cookie Dough! Also, how nice of Banza!! I've been meaning to tell you, after I read your post, I saw some Banza on clearance at Kroger and grabbed it. Made me think of you! Haven't cooked it yet, but I can't wait. I don't think I've tried it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely that they sent you that tote! It is very cute.
    We have several brands of vegan mayo available here, but my heart belongs to Vegenaise forever. I find a lot of the other ones too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Hellman's good? I heard bad things about it so I stuck to Vegenaise, but Vegenaise is hard to get these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tomato sandwich looks great; so simple, but so delicious! And that tote is really nice!

    ReplyDelete