Monday, November 4, 2019

Take Out Saturday and Weekly Haul, VEGAN!!

I had a few extra bucks to spare Saturday, hadn't gone grocery shopping yet so I decided to do something I never do. I got take out!! I chose lemongrass tofu, extra spicy no bell peppers. It was so good, but so bad with the delicious deep fried tofu!!!
I think they maybe threw in extra onions since I got no bell peppers, because this was very onion forward. But the tofu was so, so, so good. It was a really nice little treat!!
I desperately needed groceries, so I went on Sunday and what a horrible day to go! Sprouts and Trader Joe's were both way too busy!!! I only have about a week and a half to shop at Trader Joe's. I've learned to avoid it at all times mid November through December.
Live probiotic root beer, oranges, avocado, lemon, gluten free bread, popcorn,green grapes, lemon ginger tea, vanilla protein, bulk spices, rice, discontinued chocolate on sale that I should have skipped

Coconut milk, grape leaves, soy creamer, potatoes, banana, celery,lemons, romaine hearts, green tea, sriracha tofu, crunchy chili oil, tofu, coconut oil, frozen blueberries, guacamole
This is the real standout from my haul. I got this at Trader Joe's, I think it's kind of new? Anyway, it's got crunchy garlic and onions, along with crushed red chili flakes all in olive oil.
I used it in some spicy peanut sauce last night, and tonight I'm going to try and make homemade tomato soup which I have tried and failed in the past. But I plan on drizzling this on the soup. I think this might be my new favorite condiment. Right under green dragon sauce.
I've had some ideas for posts, and some recipe ideas floating around so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of blogging again. I've just been in a weird place for awhile, but it's time I try and force myself out of the funk. Maybe if my tomato soup is a success, I'll be back super soon!!!



7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'll have to look for that chili onion crunch!! It sounds like the amazing chili sauce served at our local ramen shop! :-) And that lemongrass tofu looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me off a chili sauce used at one of my favorite Vietnamese restaurants in Seattle! I bet it's close to what you're thinking of!!
      The tofu was sooooo good!

      Delete
  2. Hi there :) I see celery in your haul. Can you please explain what happened with the daily celery juice experiment you were doing? Did it work? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have had a lot of celery juice over the last few months, but I guess I can't really say I've learned too much. I haven't had celery juice daily, and I do alternate with my favorite which is orange, carrot ginger. I would just say overall I do feel better when I have fresh juice on a somewhat regular basis. Plus, I cheat because the hardcore celery juice drinkers drink it straight, I always have to mix it with some kind of fruit!

      Delete
  3. That is nice haul considering it was so busy at the shops! And hurrah for take away, I love lemongrass tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am impressed that I got more than I thought I would. Never on a Sunday again though!!!
      Lemongrass tofu is so good. I've tried to recreate it at home, but it's never as good!

      Delete
  4. The lemongrass tofu looks so good! I'm glad you survived your grocery shopping; it seems like you were able to get a nice haul even with how busy it was!

    ReplyDelete