Friday, November 15, 2019

Some Vegan Food I've Eaten!

I've been eating a lot of the same foods I normally eat. I feel like red lentil curry and tofu, rice veggie bowls with peanut sauce will always be in my rotation. But I have tried a few new things so I figured I'd share.
I wanted to report back on this kombucha. I'm guessing this will be popping up this time of year. It tastes a lot like a cream soda, with that booch bite. I really enjoyed it! And the bottle is cute too!
Another thing I like about this season! These have always been one of my favorite treats, since I was a kid. My step grandma used to make homemade Turkish delights and they were even more amazing! These have always been vegan, and now it says it on the front of the box!
I've been trying to eat a salad a day. It's not always possible, but it's a good goal to have. This beauty had romaine, shredded carrots, green olives, sunflower seeds and a little Italian and FYH blue cheese. YUM!!!!
This picture turned out blurry and weird for some reason, but the fried rice was definitely not weird!! Veggie fried rice with carrot, peas, mushroom, onion and of course tofu!
Here's a Thai green curry I made with red lentils and tofu. I had this with mung bean noodles instead of rice. Although I love rice, sometimes I just want to slurp some noodles!!
I picked up these veggie burgers to try. I've only seen this brand at Winco. It's a Canadian company, owned by women!!! Yay! Unfortunately, the burgers remind me of Hilary's veggie burgers which are a pass for me. These taste good, but they're really dry and crumbly in that vegan, gluten free healthy way. Lots of sauce needed!!
Last night's dinner. One of those Asian salad kits with kale, cabbage, romaine and red cabbage and two of the burgers with sriracha and veganaise. I used more veganaise than what is shown for the burgers. All in all a tasty dinner. The burgers aren't terrible, just not my first choice.
I'm off to Sprouts and Trader Joe's this morning, so I'll have a haul tomorrow. I have a coupon for Sprouts, so I might get a treat or two!!







2 comments:

  1. So many delicious meals; the fried rice sounds especially good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great round up of your recent eats, everything looks delicious!
    That kombucha sounds really yummy as well. I can't drink soft drink, but I always did love the flavour of creaming soda.

    ReplyDelete