Friday, November 8, 2019

Trader Joe's Haul!

After last week's mistake of getting groceries on Sunday, I made it to Trader Joe's early this morning to avoid any extra anxiety. As we get closer to the holidays, I will be completely avoiding Trader Joe's because there are really no safe times to go.
Lemons, red and yellow onion, oranges, carrots, evoo, romaine hearts, sesame crunch salad, potatoes, shredded carrots, tofu, chocolate peppermint almond beverage,coconut milk, peppermint tea, gluten free brownie mix,tomato paste, celery
Pretty much my usualhaul, with a few treats. I really like their gluten free brownie mix. It's pretty easy to veganize with a flax egg. And I had to try the sesame crunch salad, after reading about how much Sarah loves it!! Those Asian salad kits by Dole, or whoever makes them is one of my favorite salads. Add some baked tofu and I'm set!
This is one of my favorite things about this time of year! It's only $1.99 for this decent sized carton, and it makes a great coffee creamer for much less than any vegan creamer!!
I went to Smith's after Trader Joe's to see if I could find some gluten free rolls or bread that are vegan and don't cost an arm and a leg, and WOOHOO look what I found!!! I got to get both rolls and bread for less than the cost of one gluten free item!!
I also thought this was pretty cool! Almond Reddi whip displayed by the berries in the produce section of Smith's!! I love that vegan food is becoming so much more mainstream. You see less and less vegan sections, and more vegan choices just mixed in. I love it!




2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'll have to go back to Trader Joe's and look for the chocolate peppermint drink; it sounds lovely! I tried the sesame crunch salad on Sarah's recommendation, too, and it was so good! And awesome deals on the gluten-free rolls and bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome score on the GF bread!
    We never get any fun flavoured seasonal drinks here. Boo!

    ReplyDelete