Monday, November 11, 2019

Sriracha Tofu Success!

I wanted to give a little update on my DIY sriracha baked tofu. Long story short, it was really easy and it turned out great!
I used the firm tofu that comes wrapped in plastic, not in the container with water. I sliced the brick in half, and then in four squares. I marinated the squares overnight in sriracha. I saw a few recipes online that used sriracha and soy sauce so the next day I added a little tamari and let that soak in for a few more hours. Right before I baked it, I added a little olive oil.
I baked it in a foil covered dish for about thirty minutes, then took the foil off and baked it for about fifteen or twenty minutes more. It had a great texture, and was nice and spicy from the sriracha!!
I used some in what else, a rice and veggie bowl with peanut sauce!!! The texture is that nice, dense texture that firm, baked tofu gets. And because it marinated for so long, every piece is flavorful!
I can't wait to experiment with more flavor combinations. I love finding ways to make my own versions of things I can't afford an a regular basis!! And next time, I'll write down exact measurements and share!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad it was what you were after. I love marinated baked tofu, there are so many flavours you can do and it goes with so much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!! I need to try. And your bowl looks perfect. PS: I'm glad you're back to blogging!!! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sriracha tofu sounds so good! And your rice and veggie bowls with peanut sauce always look amazing!

    ReplyDelete