Saturday, November 30, 2019

Food and Finds!

I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksliving had a great holiday. We all know I don't really do holidays so I just had a nice day. I made tacos for some non vegans I know. Since it was a holiday I splurged and got Beyond Beef for the tacos. I have to say that I was a bit turned off by how beefy my apartment smelled, and the smell lingered longer than I would have liked. But other than that, it made some great tacos. I mixed it with some black beans and taco seasoning and it was a HIT!! I'm telling you, tacos are the thing to make for non vegans. It's been my go to for years, and always a smash, even with very cynical non vegans!
I also made some spicy potatoes, so I had a taco potato bowl!! I was going to really splurge and have vegan sour cream, but the store was all out, and I was out of cashews for homemade. Oh well, it was still delicious!
Yesterday I needed a few groceries, so I went to Sprouts which was blissfully slow and not at all Black Friday-ish.

Protein powder and bar, cocomels and Amy's vegan chocolate(!!)veggie burgers, fizzy water, avocados,carrots,cuties,lemons,pineapple,celery,raspberries,lemongrass, vitamin C packs, coconut milk, live kombucha soda

Not much to say about my haul. Pretty much my normal purchases.I also got an eight pound bag of potatoes that somehow didn't make the picture. Of all things to leave out!
I also got this new to me flavor of kombucha from Live beverages. It tastes pretty dang close to cream soda, if you see this I highly recommend!!
I also had to run into Smith's for cat food, and look what I saw!! I HAD to pick this up, I haven't seen it anywhere and I've heard some people comment that it tastes like goat cheese, which was one of my favorite cheeses! Either way, it's from Violife so I'm sure it's going to be tasty!




2 comments:

  1. Yay for taco bowls, and for having a nice day.
    The one time I cooked the Beyond Burger, my house had that meaty smell for almost 24 hours and it was unsettling indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that your tacos were a hit! And a taco potato bowl sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete