Saturday, January 19, 2019

What I Ate plus Cats!

I always read about eating simple carbs after a workout on Bianca's blog, so yesterday I did a pretty hard cardio workout with lots of burpees(why). I had some leftover coconut rice so I made a little sushi bowl with some wasabi seaweed snacks and a perfect avocado. This really hit the spot!
I found this in the bottom of a drawer so I had a cup after breakfast. Just the right amount of heat. Perfect with a splash of coconut milk!
I picked up some oranges on clearance so I've been enjoying orange, carrot and ginger juice. It's been unusually grey and dreary this winter. I've already been fighting with my depression, and the grey is not helping. I find the cheerful color and the zip of vitamins from this juice give me a little pep.
I made more beans and rice for dinner! I told you I loved this recipe! This time I added some jalapeno for heat and turmeric for health. I like to follow a recipe just the way it is once, and then I add my little adjustments! The small amount of turmeric I added really made it a nice color! Here is the original recipe I used. I just sub coconut oil for the butter. I really can't say enough about this simple dish. It's a simple, budget dish that packs a flavor punch. It's better than rice and beans I've had at restaurants.
It's a very rare moment when I catch Joan choosing to cuddle someone. She's my little introvert, and usually it's Kiki forcing the cuddle! Happy Caturday!





10 comments:

  1. Aww snuggly kitty pile! That warms my heart every time!

    Everything looks delicious and I love how colorful everything looks. The juice is such a beautiful color and the post workout bowl sounds amazing! I really need to try the beans and rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the beans and rice recipe is life changing! It's so easy and flavorful. I really, really love it!
      The girls have definitely been extra snuggle-y this winter!

      Delete
  2. Chai Kai! YAY! I've been digging deep into my tea stashes lately, too! So many teas...so little time! Your meals are still on top of the world here! Woot! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rice and seaweed snacks avo combo sounds delicious! I love a good workout, it’s always a mood booster for me
    The juice is so gorgeous- and a great idea to try and fend off all the germs out there now, i swear everyone i know is sick! (Thankfully i have dodged it so far- i swear my plant based diet and all the probiotics from kombucha help)
    Those beans and rice are totally repeat worthy.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious. Having leftovers makes for such an easy breakfast!
      I agree about a good workout. I think it's the endorphins, and the feeling of pride when you push yourself!
      I agree about the diet and booch. I'm not out of the woods yet, but so far I've been fighting off the germs!

      Delete
  4. Can't go wrong with beans and rice! I love that Joan is getting in on the cuddle action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy, cheap and tasty meal!
      Joan is usually Miss Antisocial so this was a rare treat!

      Delete
  5. I love photos of your cuddle puddles! I wish I could join in!!!

    Tragically I cannot do burpees due to bad knees... but I am kind of OK with that really. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been so many piles over here, and I love every single minute of it!
      I hate burpees so much! I know they are really good to do, and honestly I do feel great when I do them, but I still loathe them so much!

      Delete