Friday, January 18, 2019

Bang Bang Baby

I made a new to me recipe last night and it turned out AMAZING! It's called bang bang tofu. I guess there's a restaurant that is pretty famous for bang bang shrimp so this is a take on that. I used this recipe for the sauce, but I halved it because I didn't have a whole block of tofu.
This is the delicious sauce. I want to drizzle it on everything. This is competing with peanut sauce for that number one place in my heart!
For my tofu I just cubed it and coated it with unsweetened coconut shreds which I bought in a bulk bin for $.36! And I have enough leftover for a second batch! I baked the cubes until crisp and then tossed them in the sauce.
I made some coconut rice with some of the coconut shreds to go along with the tofu. This was a really, really delicious meal. It tasted like something you would get in a restaurant, and I made it myself in under twenty five minutes! And all the ingredients for the sauce are staples in my fridge,so  this was super inexpensive. I already want more!!



12 comments:

  1. You've outdone yourself. That looks really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously blew my mind! I might make it again tonight with lettuce wraps!!

      Delete
  2. OMG yum!!! That looks incredible!! I'm jealous, I would love to have that for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible! I already want it again! I actually might have it again tonight!!

      Delete
  3. NICE! It DOES sound like it turned out AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love discovering new to me awesome recipes! I’m too wimpy to enjoy this myself but i can see how it would be so popular. I bet you could just make a big batch of the sauce to keep on hand...
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I bet this would be good with only sweet chili sauce. That would be a lot milder!
      I actually think I will make a larger batch because it would be great on so many things. I thonk it might even be good in sushi!!

      Delete
    2. I know vegan mayo can get expensive, there are recipes out there using aquafaba and veg oil (or other neutral flavor oil) in a blender plus a bit of lemon or nooch and salt etc; prob worth it if you can’t find vegan mayo on sale.
      Something like this one
      https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/easy-vegan-mayo-aquafaba-recipe-vegan-experience.html
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  5. The sauce sounds really good, and the bowl looks perfectly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of Bang Bang until I made a recipe from a Robin Robertson book. I've only made it the once, but I liked it. I like your thought to use coconut shreds to coat the tofu!

    ReplyDelete