Monday, January 28, 2019

Restocking The Pantry!

My budget was pretty tight for a few weeks. Thank gourd for lentils and potatoes! I never have what I would call a fully stocked pantry, but I do like to have basics like beans, rice, condiments and spices on hand. So I kind of blew through a lot of my pantry items and needed to restock. I braved the crowds at Trader Joe's and Sprouts on Saturday and here I am, alive to tell the tale!
Tofu,seaweed snacks, soy creamer,coconut oil, Harissa paste.EVOO, lime, red onion, green dragon sauce, dish soap, blood oranges, lemons, tortilla chips and blue tortilla chips, butter lettuce, sunflower seeds, bananas,cucumbers,red wine vinegar, nooch,Goddess dressing,onion, sweet potato,sweet mini peppers.carrot, stuffed grape leaves,coconut cream, salsa,frozen raspberries, Stir fry veggies, frozen edamame,tomato paste
Cauliflower, Cara Cara oranges, Opal apples, vanilla and onion powder, rice noodles, live probiotic root beer, blueberries and blackberries, hummus, avocado,tahini,tea,chocolate coconut yogurt,red lentil pasta, rice cakes vegan gummies (Trader Joe's)
This was a bigger haul than usual, but I got a lot of staples that will last for quite awhile. And I got some great deals at Sprouts. I had a dollar off coupon for Celestial Seasonings tea, and they're on sale two for four so I got two boxes of tea for three bucks! I felt like an Extreme Couponer!!
Here is my delicious dinner I had last night. Every single thing is from Trader Joe's! I made a Greek salad with cucumber, mini peppers, red onion, red wine vinegar and a little EVOO. I had that with some butter lettuce, stuffed grape leaves and baked tofu. So fresh and satisfying.

11 comments:

  1. My friend, that is the Mother of all Hauls.

    You're a better man than I. As I feared, I chickened out on hitting Whole Foods on Sunday so no Millet Tots for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no I'm not. After braving Sprouts and Trader Joe's I could not stomach Whole Foods myself! I'm going to bop in sometime during the week! I hope they're still on sale!

      Delete
  2. That salad looks amazing. And yay for great deals! I LOVE a good deal. I'm hoping I have time to get out to TJ's this weekend. I was so excited when they opened here, but it's 30 minutes from my house so I never go. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel super lucky that they are a close bus ride or I could even walk there. I hope you get there this weekend, they have some fun new stuff!
      The salad was great, and I felt great after I ate it!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on surviving both stores on a Saturday! That’s very brave of you.
    It’s so satisfying to restock the pantry and know all the essentials are on hand. Great looking salad meal there too- I’m very into those dolmas from TJs as long as they’re chilled and have a squeeze of fresh lemon on them.
    Have you tried that watermelon tea before?? I’m baffled. Never heard of it. Is it for iced tea? Hot watermelon flavor tea is making me go hmmmm.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I felt accomplished that I made myself face crowds to restock my pantry! Ready for the next tight budget time!
      I do have the tea cold. I can't imagine hot watermelon lime tea either. I like to have it when I work out because it's made with hibiscus tea. It's really, really good!!

      Delete
  4. Yes! Congrats on making it through the madness and for scoring such great deals! Your hauls are amazing and I can't wait to see all of the delicious meals you'll make! Your salad looks incredible and now I'm craving a greek salad big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Greek salad hit the spot! I used to have them all the time, I have no idea why I ever stopped!!! I'm already craving another one myself!!

      Delete
  5. Oh WOW! What a haul! NICE! And I know what you mean about potatoes and lentils! I have been posting quite a few of those myself lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic haul! And well done on braving those crowds. Looks like it paid off with some great food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hauls, and your dinner looks fantastic & so colorful!

    ReplyDelete