Thursday, June 21, 2018

What I Ate on a Wednesday

I started my day with a cup of green tea and lemon water followed by a vegan bulletproof coffee. All in bed since it was my final day off. My first smoothie of the day was this blueberry, mango, spinach, maca powder and banana concoction. Of all the berries I've used blueberries definitely make the murkiest looking smoothies, especially if you add greens. It was tasty though.
As I was cleaning and prepping for dinner I made a second smoothie with frozen strawberries, spinach, half an avocado and a banana.This one isn't really the prettiest either, but it  was really creamy and sweet.

I made tacos for dinner! I used mayacoba beans, and potatoes and tofu baked with lots of nooch and the South African smoke seasoning. I'm addicted to that stuff! I also have green dragon sauce under the lettuce. These were so delicious. I used flour tortillas that I had picked up a few days ago because of an intense quesadilla craving. I got organic uncooked tortillas because they didn't have a bunch of weird ingredients. But because of the lack of weird preservatives I felt I should use the tortillas soon. Usually I try to space my gluten cheats out a little more. I really do prefer flour tortillas over corn so this was a nice treat.
Speaking of gluten free, I have some bad news for any gluten free Trader Joe's shoppers. When I was there on Tuesday, I was looking for their frozen gluten free pizza crusts. I asked an employee and apparently they discontinued them and replaced them with the cauliflower pizza crust!!!! NO!!!!!!
The gluten free pizza crusts were a great value because they were like $3.49 for a package of two. The cauliflower crust is a little more than that for only one, and it's smallish. If you're cooking for several people you would need a few of these crusts. I know cauliflower everything is all the rage, and even I, a lifelong cauliflower hater have embraced cauliflower wings, cauliflower Alfredo sauce and cauliflower gnocchi. I haven't tried the crust but I'm sure it's fine. It's just the point that sometimes I  want a pizza on a crust not made of vegetables. And also as someone on a budget I appreciated the value of those crusts. I blame the keto people. It's like it's 2000 all over again and carbs are the DEVIL!!
I tried this kombucha one day last week an it's worth mentioning. For some reason I was scared to try this flavor, but wherever I picked this up only had the original and lemonade. The unflavored original is the worst, and it has a million and one floaties in it. GT's isn't my first choice when it comes to kombucha.  But I would definitely buy this flavor again. It had a nice lemon flavor, wasn't too vinegar-y and most important no floaties! I had this on a scorcher of a day and it was very refreshing!
Remember the dark days when GT's was the only brand you could find anywhere?






8 comments:

  1. The lemonade flavor sounds really yummy! Those tacos though, oh man! They look so amazing! I can't wait to get tofu this weekend when I go grocery shopping, I need some tofu in my life! Yummy looking smoothies too. I wish I was more of a smoothie fan. Kombucha has been growing on me more and more. I try to drink it a little more regularly but I can't with the floaties. So gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously surprised by how amazing the lemonade was. I needed tofu in my life too.
      One of the main reasons Kevita is one of my favorite kombucha brands is no floaties!

      Delete
  2. The tacos look amazing! That smoke spice sounds delicious.
    That is so annoying about the pizza crust!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously addicted to the spice blend. They had a sign suggesting adding it to mac and cheese an I think I might try that.
      I am super frustrated about the crusts! I would have stocked up!

      Delete
  3. Noo! I feel you on this whole keto craze again. Cauliflower pizza cust is not the same as a grain pizza crust. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't. I feel like there is room in this world for both crusts. The frustrating thing is after keto goes away it will be some other thing that's almost the same with a different name. They all seem to be updated versions of Atkins.

      Delete
  4. Don’t believe the TJs employee, i swear they say it’s discontinued when they can’t find it or don’t know. Keep looking for it, might just be out for stock and come back in a month.
    I actually really love GTS booch! You can use the original flavor to grow your own scoby. The gingerade is my most favorite. You would probably love the GTS Cayannade flavor, it’s crazy spicy for my wimpy self but literally cayanne and lemonade. I would sip it when i was so sick a few weeks ago, the heat was helpful on my throat.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so. It was one of my fave things to have in the freezer. The daiya frozen pizzas are gluten free, but they're really expensive and honestly I don't like them that much.
      I am going to get a jug and an original booch to make my own soon. I remember you mentioning that awhile ago, and after not being able to find a scoby, I finally looked into it and I'm going to try it.
      I love the gingerade too. I want to try the cayannade flavor if I can find it!

      Delete