Thursday, June 7, 2018

Pulling Myself Up

I saw this at Sprouts and had to try it! Kevita is actually one of my favorite kombuchas. They have great flavors, they aren't too vinegar-y, and they don't have any pesky floaties. Like all their other flavors it's delicious! I always tell people that Kevita is a great kombucha for newbies who haven't yet acquired the taste for kombucha. This has a great blueberry flavor and a hint of herb-y basil. They do really well at balancing flavors. This is very refreshing on a hot day. It's the first week of June and it's already been close to one hundred degrees here in SLC. I am dying and ready for summer to be over!
I decided to make a red lentil and potato curry before work. That way all I had to do was make rice and warm this up when I got home from work. I love red lentils because they take no time to cook. And they're delicious, healthy and cheap. As I mentioned yesterday I've been feeling a little blah, relying on junkier lazy food which is also making me feel blah so I want to try and stop this cycle before it just snowballs into a mess. I felt good knowing I prepared a healthy meal for myself, and I was looking forward to eating it all night at work. And we all know curries taste better the next day, so making this before work was perfect! I had another bad one last night, so if I would not have made this for myself I know I would have eaten crap. I feel that cooking for yourself makes you feel better physically because it's healthier food and also it makes you feel better to be proactive and love yourself. 



3 comments:

  1. That’s perfect to make dinner before going in to work!
    I feel like cooking for yourself is the ultimate act of self care and especially important when having a crappy day- you need good nourishment to combat the bad vibes! I hope you’re continuing to look at other job options, even if it’s just a get me outta here job and not a forever job.
    Hopefully it cools off a bit, that’s too hot for june!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hate working till midnight because I like to get in the kitchen after a bad night.
      I admit my job hunt has stalled because I desperately want out of ANYTHING customer service related but it's all I've one. That's a big part of me feeling stuck an in a rut. I really feel trappe and I don't like it.
      It is sooooo hot already. I'm terrified of the rest of summer!!!

      Delete
  2. That is a good plan making dinner before work. Sounds like a great thing to come home to after a shitty, late day.

    ReplyDelete