Sunday, June 24, 2018

Me Myself & I

I had to get a few things yesterday so I ran to Smiths and they were having a little sale on Dr. Teal's, so I decided to treat myself and try the Super Moisturizer. This heat is no joke here in SLC, and since there is no humidity a girl's skin gets dry. I used some last night in a bath and it was amazing! I feel like it helped my back and skin! The fragrance is very light which I like. I usually don't buy Dr, Teals because I find some of the scents to be way too strong, but this is just barely there.
I also decided to try this new to me flavor of the simple truth organic kombucha. It's really, really good. If you live near a Kroger, Fred Meyer or Smiths I highly recommend. It was light, not too sweet and not too dry.
I also couldn't resist these ice pops. They are vegan, but they also have lots of dye #all of them which I am choosing to ignore for now. I couldn't resist the flavors. Don't judge but I used to love circus peanuts!! I used to always feel sick after eating them, but I ate them anyway! The popsicles actually taste like what I remember circus peanuts tasting like! Also they totally nailed cotton candy.
Last night I wanted curry, and I decided to kick it up a notch as they say. I added some peanut butter and made it a peanut curry. I remember trying a peanut sauce recipe that used curry, peanut butter and coconut milk and it was to DIE for. I'm pretty sure it was an Isa recipe. Anyway I thought of that peanut sauce around the time I had decided to make curry. It turned out great! I used red lentils and potatoes in the curry and I may never not use peanut butter again! It just made it richer and gave it a deep flavor. I had a nice day of self love and this was the perfect meal to end the day!





11 comments:

  1. Hey Hil - I totally missed yesterday's post. So just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry you're bummed out about work and, as always, have you in my thoughts.

    On to cheerier things...that Dr. Teal's looks amazing! I almost never shower, but love to have my long soak in the tub every night so am always looking for something new to dump in there. My current obsession is Target brand lavender scented Epsom salts. They're really relaxing and heavenly just before bed. I take it the Dr. Teal's is also sort of a powder?

    That peanut curry looks incredible! I love the liberal sprinkling of scallions. It's weird, but I gag on raw onions, but absolutely adore scallions. Such great color, too.

    Hang in there, dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Yes, the Dr. Teals is a powder. I didn't like the lavender Dr. Teals. It was so strong but the avocado oil one is very nice. They also have a coconut oil one that sounds nice too.

      Delete
  2. What a great find on the soaking salts! I don’t think i ever had circus peanuts, what a crazy flavor for a popsicle.
    Peanut butter makes any sauce better! Totally genius move there.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had circus peanuts in so many years I had forgotten all about them until I saw these popsicles! They're so good though!

      Delete
  3. I just had to google circus peanuts, because I have never heard of them before. I don't think we have anything like that here!
    Peanut butter makes everything better, I know the Isa sauce you are talking about and peanut and curry go together so well!
    I am glad you had a few moments to enjoy today. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter does make everything better! I have to make that curry peanut sauce again it's so good!

      Delete
  4. Those popsicles look so fun and your peanut curry looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The posicles are fun! I haven't ha a caramel apple, circus peanut or cotton candy in so long it's fun to have those flavors again!

      Delete
  5. One more thing - those ice pop flavors sound kind of weird. I think the only one that appeals is pink lemonade. Maybe I'm just not as adventurous as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is the pink lemonade pops have the least flavor. I love a goo citrus-y popsicle and these just don't have enough flavor!
      I probably won't buy them again because of all the dyes but it was fun to try them.

      Delete
  6. I love circus peanuts! They are so yummy! Though I recognize that not many people do. My husband jokes that I love old people candy lol. How was it in popsicle form?

    ReplyDelete