Saturday, June 23, 2018

Struggle Bus

I've got some more beige meals to show today. I've had a really rough couple of days. I try not to bore everyone with too many boring details of my job because if I let myself truly unleash it would be a five million page novel of complaints. And honestly a month or so ago I was applying an looking for other jobs. But lately I've been in a rut because I am so burned out on customer service or service jobs. Like it's all I've ever done and I swear I can't listen to another complaint. So because those are the only jobs I qualify for I just gave up. It isn't that I want to stay where I'm at, it's just that depression kicked in big time. I've noticed that depression is harder for me to fight with these late night shifts because I'm just always feeling tired.I'm just really in a rut, and my job is becoming more unbearable to me, but then I look at job postings and it's all customer service, so I stop looking and I just get more depressed. I really only have myself to blame which makes me even more down. UUGGHH. It's so frustrating. I have experienced having a shit job, getting a different job and somehow that one is worse. It's sadly happened more than once so that always is in the back of my mind. It's the feeling trapped and stuck that's the worst I think. I'm doing my best to keep it together but I've done a lot of crying the past week. Wow, sorry to go on. I've been wanting to talk about my depression issues for a few days, but it's scary because I feel like I'm going to be judged because I'm so stuck. But this is my life and what I am going through and I know I'm not alone in the battle with depression and all it brings to the table.
Now I guess we can move on to my beige meals for the last couple of nights. I have definitely relied on easy and quick.
On Thursday night I decided to try the Original Griller from Sprouts market. These are gluten free and of course vegan. I had mine with some potato wedges.
I really like them. They taste similar to a Boca vegan patty or the gardein beefless burger. I guess it's a little more like the gardein because it's a little oilier than a boca. In a good way, they are juicy when they're done cooking. And they are $2.99 for a box of four which is definitely one of the better prices for veggie burgers. I will definitely buy these again!
This was my dinner last night. Crinkle cut fries with sriracha Just Mayo. Even though it's not the healthiest this is one of my favorite meals to be honest!
Caturday Cuddles







8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a rough few days there. Do you journal? Some people find that cathartic as a way to process thoughts and stop dwelling on what is bothering them.
    Totally random idea- feel free to ignore it all together- but there are all different kinds of temp agencies out there. I’ve worked through them before and often they just want someone with basic typing and computer skills, when you go sign up with them you can choose to only take long term assignments which can be three months or more, and many are temp to perm so if it works out they hire you full time. Definitely not fun and exciting but could be a way out of customer service gigs.
    Anyways, maybe that’s helpful.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started and stopped having a journal so many times. I don't know why I find it hard to stick with.
      I am trying to deal with and process a lot. It probably is a good idea.
      I did try one temp place and they wanted to sen me on factory jobs but there are more temp places in SLC. Thanks i'll think about that, you're right it's a way out.

      Delete
    2. Sending you ALL of the good vibes possible :)) there’s probably a bunch of temp agencies that have different clients, probably just a matter of some phone calls to figure out which are potentially helpful. The right job is just waiting for you to find it! :))
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  2. ***HUGS*** I know the feeling of being stuck, and no one is blaming you for it. I can definitely imagine that late nights would not be helping. You are not alone, and you can message me anytime. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking good thoughts for you & sending hugs! <3
    P.S. I love the little feet sticking up in the kitty cuddle pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It's so hard not to get their little feet all the time! For the most part it really irritates them and it's just so hard!!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that things have been really hard lately. I hope it is getting a little better. I know how much customer service really sucks, and some people have no idea how crummy it is.

    Clearly this isn't a cure all, but have you tried checking your local library's event calendar? Sometimes they have events where they can help build your resume, or have classes on changing careers. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete