Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Basic Meals

I've been needing to get groceries for a couple of days now and just haven't been able to drag myself to do it. Between the heat and not wanting to be in a grocery store my fridge is bare! I've always enjoyed grocery shopping until working at a grocery store. Now it's a total chore to go and it's become easy to make excuses and blow it off. So my meals have been pretty basic for the last few days.
I had a little bit of Trader Joe's Carolina gold BBQ sauce and a little bit of a different brand of Carolina style BBQ sauce so I dumped them both in a dish and added some tofu cubes and let them slowly bake in the oven. I feel like I always hear low and slow in regards to BBQ so that's what I did. Except in an oven not a grill. I had the tofu with some mashed potatoes. Super simple and obviously would have been great with some greens or even corn, but this was what I had! It was super tasty and felt pretty summery!
Yesterday I stopped at this store downtown for a Live booch. They have them on sale for $1.79 a bottle. This was the last one or I would have gotten more! I decided to try this Asian chopped salad kit from Earthbound Organics.
This was my very simple but very delicious dinner. That little salad really perked up my otherwise beige dinner of baked tofu and rice. I've only had the Dole Asian chopped salad which I love, but this salad is all organic and was the same price. I liked the dressing on this version a lot more. It's tahini based where the Dole version is sesame oil based. Both tasty, but I o prefer the Earthbound Organics!
Today I'm getting groceries. My fridge is down to condiments and the bowl of baking soda! I don't even have much in my pantry at this point. This is like the adult version of putting off your homework till the very last minute an you have no choice!



5 comments:

  1. Nice find with the salad kit! I’ve had hit or miss experience with salad kits in the past, some are mostly cabbage or the dressing is a dealbreaker. Looks like a tasty meal with the tofu and rice!
    I totally understand the avoiding going to the store.... meals certainly can get creative when i’m using the last bits on hand :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the salad kits I've found aren't vegan. And you're so right, so many are too much cabbage. This one actually had a lot of kale which was impressive. This was pretty good, and I would buy it again but not very often because they are kind of pricey!

      Delete
  2. Almost none of the salad kits they sell here are vegan, they always have dairy and/or egg in the dressing, or cheese or egg in the salad. It is really frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a few new flavors here that sounded good, and they all have eggs or milk in the dressing. It's so annoying! It also shows you always have to read labels because several of the flavors sound like they would or should be vegan naturally. It is soooooo frustrating.

      Delete
  3. The BBQ tofu sounds so good! And awesome find -- the salad looks like it went really well with the tofu & rice!

    ReplyDelete