Sunday, June 3, 2018

Recharge

Last night was definitely a fry night. I actually ate these at almost two in the morning because I had to take an Epsom salt bath when I got home from work. These are the Alexia salt and pepper crinkle cut fries. Just the right amount of pepper. I dipped them in some Just Mayo. In my pregan days I always inwardly gagged when people dipped their fries in mayo. But now I love the fry mayo combo!
I've talked about Lantana hummus a million times, specifically this carrot sriracha flavor. It's such a gorgeous color, and it's so creamy and very slightly spicy and slightly sweet. It's good with veggies, chips, as a pasta sauce, with rice, or with a spoon!
Since I had success with recreating their Hatch Chile hummus, I've decided to try and recreate the carrot sriracha hummus! I have some shredded carrots that need to be used so that's how I'm going to use them! I have a feeling this flavor is going to be harder to recreate so I might not get it on my first try, but I will get it. I want to eat this all the time an because of the price and plastic I hold back.
I ha split days off this week which is very challenging for me mentally so today I am off an I'm going to go to the school next door and sit in the sun with my book for awhile, and then tinker around with this recipe. Sounds like a good way to recharge to me!
To be honest, this is exactly how I feel and all I want to do. Cats always have the right ideas when it comes to lounging.
Roxy and Afro are keeping me company as I blog in bed. Hopefully a day of cat snuggles, sun and hummus making will recharge my dead soul!



3 comments:

  1. Although i’m sure split days off aren’t ideal at least there are fewer work days between off days. I’m thinking for the carrot hummus they probably roast or steam the carrots first to soften and kind of amplify that carroty flavor....ooh! Have you ever made carrot top pesto? Then you could have carrot hummus with carrot top pesto as the topping! Although obviously you first need a bunch of carrots with fluffy tops. (Probably worth asking the produce guy at your work! A lot of markets chop off the tops and throw them out)
    I haven’t tried those salt and pepper Alexia fries and i feel like i would be very into those. I don’t hate fries with mayo but ketchup will always be my first choice. And i mean like real HFC laden original Heinz stuff, nothing organic or fancy is quite the same!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post the recipe when you're happy with it! Hope you enjoy your day off and the sun. You've just reminded me that I made a hummus recently that had carrot in it and it was lovely. It was this recipe https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/japanese-ginger-carrot-dressing-hummus/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they roasted the carrots for the hummus?

    Late night shifts suck. How late does your store open till?

    ReplyDelete