Wednesday, March 8, 2017

What Did I Eat?

I figured I'd do a what I ate post for yesterday which was day two of my Kitchari cleanse where I'm eating kitchari, raw veggies and potatoes. And green smoothies. For breakfast I had leftover kitchari with some Persian cucumbers with Hampton Creek Just Caesar. I felt amazing after eating this.
Before dinner I had this smoothie with lots of spinach, banana, chia seeds, and frozen mango. Trader Joe's has the best frozen mango in my opinion. You can tell the mangoes were nice and ripe before they froze them.
For dinner I had what else? Oven fries with garlic, lemon pepper and dried oregano, and a little salt. I dipped them in my all time favorite dipping combo, Just Ranch and Carolina Gold BBQ sauce from Trader Joe's. It's a mustard based BBQ sauce and it is crazy delicious.
I also had a few squares of Chocolove's salted almond butter dark chocolate. It's that time of the month where chocolate is vital if you know what I mean.
All in all I'm feeling great, and not bored. My digestion is on point, and it feels good to be proactive.
Here's my little ball of love Roxy sound asleep. She likes to sleep either right where I sleep, or right next to it. Sometimes if I get up during the night to go to the bathroom, I'll come back and she's stolen my spot!




14 comments:

  1. Nom.Nom.Nom.

    GET IN MY BELLY!

    I actually titled my post today with that! GET IN MY BELLY! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! I was drooling over the tofu wings!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling good during your cleanse! Roxy looks so fluffy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am feeling pretty dang amazing to be honest. First time in quite awhile!
      I know,I can barely leave her alone when she's sleeping!

      Delete
  3. 2 posts today! Woot! Swing by again when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be making that curry sauce for oven fries!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that you are feeling good! Everything looks delicious. You can't beat food that is good for you as well as delicious! Sounds like a great cleanse and I'm glad it is working for you. I agree TJs has the best mango. It is on my list for this week, I think it's almost time for smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really feeling great! Like I'm surprised by how great I feel!
      I hope it's getting to be springtime for you. Mango is one of the best fruits for smoothies, it makes them so creamy and really hides the green taste!

      Delete
  5. That kitchari sounds sooooo good! Also, I totally think you should start a new potato cleanse trend! :-) It sounds like potatoes are really doing you good, and they're so filling and pretty easy on the digestive system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitchari is really delicious, and really comforting. I see why it's a comfort food staple in India.
      Potatoes really agree with me for some reason. When I eat them all day, I feel great and my digestion seems to be on point! I hope to spread the spud love message!

      Delete
  6. Potatoes forever!
    Actually, chocolate is a source of magnesium which can help relieve cramping, so totally medicinal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spud lovers unite!!
      Thanks, you've made me feel better about my chocolate cravings! It definitely isn't part of the cleanse, but I just couldn't deny myself!

      Delete
  7. Dark chocolate and potatoes- two of my favorites also. I also like cats. I have a stray that has liked me feeding her. I named her Snickers ( also a favorite candy bar of mine). BTW- daisies are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feed a stray cat outside too. I've never seen it, but everyday the food is gone!
      Daisies have been my favorite flower for as long as I can remember, they're just so cheery and beautiful!

      Delete