Sunday, March 5, 2017

Trader Joe's Does it Again!

I always have greens in my smoothies, but I forgot spinach at Trader Joe's, mostly because the produce section was a complete chaotic mess. So this smoothie with banana, chia seeds and strawberries was kind of a treat. It's such a pretty pink color! As you can see in the background, Afro/Brutus is working on shredding the other end of the couch.
You know how sometimes you discover something and you wonder how you ever lived without it? Well, that happened to me with Trader Joe's Korean style BBQ sauce. I used it to make some more cauliflower wings last night, and it is the best thing ever. It's sweet and spicy and a little sour and just absolutely delicious. I mean I wanted to lick the bowl, okay I did lick the bowl. I cannot recommend it enough. I'm going to try it on some tofu tonight. I want to try it on everything to be honest. This sauce was worth all the anxiety I felt while shopping amongst the crowds!
Here's Kanye hiding from the dreaded vacuum. She always stays in the cat cave for a few minutes after I'm done just to make sure it's put away and everything is back to normal!
This was the quote on my ginger tea this morning. It really hit home for me on several levels, and I feel like it's perfect to reflect on getting ready for the new week.




4 comments:

  1. Your cauliflower dishes always look so delicious! I've been craving smoothies like crazy lately but it's still a little too cold for me. I'm going to get my frozen fruit next week though and I definitely see some smoothies in my future. Yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This sauce is seriously soooooo amazing! I still can't believe I eat cauliflower, kid me is gagging!
      There have definitely been a few days that I've had to skip smoothies because of the cold!

      Delete
  2. Smoothie! Looks great! I need to get back into them! And Kitties!!!!!! Awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a treat having a pink smoothie, it felt like a cheat!

      Delete