Friday, March 10, 2017

The Missing Video!


                                                    To anyone who read my post yesterday before I edited it, this is the video that was supposed to be included in the post. It was there when I published the post, and got lost somewhere in the webz I guess. That first paragraph must have sounded like the ramblings of a crazy person! Anyway, this guy represents Utah and makes me feel so ashamed of living in this state. As an adult I have never had health insurance or an iphone, and I doubt I ever will have either. I love when people who have never had to support themselves on minimum wage try to explain sacrifices and choices to us. Total Gag.
Anyway, sorry for the weird mishap yesterday, how embarrassing!
This was my breakfast yesterday. Leftover kitchari and a big vegan Caesar salad. Hampton Creek's Just Caesar is so amazingly delicious I just can't get enough. Today is day five of my little kichari cleanse and I think I'm going to loosen up a bit and have other foods, but still have a potato heavy diet and also eat kitchari several times a week.
For dinner I decided to try some of the Alexia clearance fries I found at Harmons along with my usual russet potato fries. I mentioned before that sweet potatoes aren't my favorite, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about these. They smelled delicious even frozen, I could really smell the smoky spices. They have a nice BBQ flavor, and the little kick of heat balances the sweetness of the potatoes nicely. I still prefer regular potatoes, but I would definitely buy these again.

I ordered a huge bag of kitty litter online so I can have a break from lugging it home on the bus, and it came wrapped in this long sheet of paper which is now being recycled as a kitty toy. They love it!
Under the paper bridge!
Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. People scare me. This guy is a nut. Others are too! YIKES! Yes...I have an iPhone. It's for WORK. Yes...I have insurance. Do I use my insurance? No. Make that a HELL NO! I think we paid $7,000 to be insured in 2016. I haven't used ANYTHING to benefit me with my insurance in over 15 years! I've been LUCKY that I haven't had to use it...but...still...I'm one of the LUCKY ones! Would I like to have that $7,000 back to use in other areas of my life? Absolutely! I still question myself as to why I just didn't take the penalty...it would have been CRAZY CHEAPER than carrying insurance! Especially since I never USE my insurance that I am paying for! I totally agree with you...people like that are so out of touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...thought you might enjoy this video...
      https://youtu.be/FsuqtWHkY2Q
      Republican politician Jason Chaffetz, again!

      Delete
    2. You should get a rebate on health insurance for being healthy and not using it!!

      Delete
    3. I know! My husband did the math and I think we spent $10,000 total for my health insurance and deductibles. Sure we saved money when you considered how much the delivery cost for our baby, but man... it was a lot of money.

      The whole iPhone thing drives me nuts. My husband and I both have iPhones, but both are hand me downs from family. IT IS CRAZY that parents feel totally okay letting their kids use their iPhones. That's an expensive device for a kid with poor eye hand coordination to be using. Besides, I've known some people who have smart phones but no computer. So their smart phone is used for most things that are done online, so it is a necessary item.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, cats are so easily amused! :-) I'll have to look for those sweet potato fries. I love sweet potatoes, and I love BBQ so these would be right up my alley. You're making me wish I was having potatoes for dinner! And I guess I could, but I have some leftovers I really need to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it doesn't cost a thing for them to have hours of enjoyment!
      The bbq sweet potato fries have such a great smoky, spicy kick, and I love crinkle fries!

      Delete
  3. BBQ sweet potato fries sound really good, and I like the litte swirl of dip you made.
    I feel like I missed something, what is the kitchari cleanse supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchari cleanse is supposed to help detox the body and mind, and help with digestion and elimination and all kinds of other things. Since I have hypothyroidism I've just been looking into natural ways to heal myself and this seemed like a good thing to try. I feel great and will definitely do it again!

      Delete
  4. Haha look how cute the kitties are being all mischievous! I love that. I wish I could amuse myself that easily :) I'm intrigued by the sweet potato fries. I'm not typically into the whole smoky BBQ thing but that sounds good. I also love your savory breakfasts. I always eat breakfast for dinner but never really a dinner for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, imagine how great life would be if a simple piece of paper just made your life!
      I was surprised with how much I liked the fries!
      I always have savory breakfasts. Anytime I have cereal or oatmeal, I just don't feel satisfied for some reason.Sometimes in the summer I'll have fruit, but other than that I am a unconventional breakfast eater!

      Delete