Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spinach Pesto

Here's my little mini haul from Harmon's yesterday. And of course Joan is very interested! I found the Heidi Ho smoky chia cheeze on clearance for two dollars!! I could hardly believe my eyes! I think I might try a potato Au Gratin type dish. I also found the two candy bars for seventy cents each! They're dark chocolate, blueberries and black pepper!
I made a spinach pesto for dinner and tossed it with the gluten free spaghetti. I'm really enjoying the Ronzoni gluten free pasta. It's a decent price and has great texture and flavor. I also had some broccoli slaw tossed with Just Caesar. Really delicious!
The pesto was super simple to make, and I wrote it all down on a Post it note!
                                            

                                                    Spinach Pesto
  • 3 T Water
  • 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Clove Garlic
  • 3 T. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
  • 1 Tsp. Lemon Pepper
  • 3 Big Handfuls Baby Spinach
  • Salt to taste
  • 3 T. Nooch
Process everything in a food processor until nice and smooth. Add a little more water or oil if needed.

Here's Roxy lounging on the kitchen counter. She likes to "help" me cook. I don't have the heart to tell her she makes everything more difficult!
I came across this quote on Instagram the other day, and it really moved me and I wanted to share.
"Everyday, our species participates in the mass genocide of other species without care or concern or even questioning whether the violence we ingest and condone plays any role in our apathetic support of the war machine we have become."- Saul Williams





2 comments:

  1. That Spinach Pesto is right up my alley! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasso tasty! I want to try it with kale next!

      Delete