Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Vegan Haul!!

Blackberries, potatoes,Brussels sprouts, Ataulfo mangoes,English cucumber,avocados 
Sprouts is having a huge produce sale. I don't go to sprouts often because they can be Whole Foods pricey, and they don't have a clearance section like Natural Grocers, but I happened to look at their sale ad I got in the mail, and they are selling Ataulfo mangoes three for $.88! Ataulfo mangoes are hands down my favorite fruit, so I bought six. To be honest, I wish I would have bought more. I got all this produce for twelve dollars! I got ten pounds of organic potatoes for four dollars! Afro is very interested in the sprouts!
Lip balm, booch,incense,epsom salts

I popped in to Natural Grocers on my way to Trader Joe's and picked up some much needed lip balm and epsom salts. I've been doing some intense workouts in addition to yoga and my muscles have been aching!
This is the lip balm I found, and it was under two dollars which is pretty amazing for vegan and almost all organic ingredients. It's nice and thick and not chalky, and it has major staying power. Plus, it smells AHMAZING!
Bananas, frozen strawberries,tofu,red lentils,tomato paste, chili lime seasoning,spinach, Romaine,lemons,green dragon sauce,pizza crusts

This is my Trader Joe's haul. The three standouts are the gluten free pizza crusts which I gushed about yesterday, the green dragon sauce which is outstanding, it's vinegary and spicy and just the best, and the chili lime seasoning. Absolutely delicious!! I have no idea why I haven't tried either of these seasonings before!
I usually drizzle sriracha on my kitchari, but yesterday I tried the green dragon sauce and it was perfect! This stuff will be a regular in my kitchen. It's definitely spicy, but not blow your tongue off spicy.
I made oven fries for dinner and seasoned them with nooch and the chili lime seasoning. The best fries ever. This seasoning is amazing, and I can't wait to use it on everything! I saw Collen Patrick Goudreau use it on popcorn on Instagram and so of course I will be trying that. It's a little spicy, a little salty and a little limey, just perfect.
Here's Afro and Etta being cute on their very shredded paper fort. I don't have the heart to get rid of it because even though it's shredded, they love it so!
Happy First Day of Spring! To everyone still dealing with snow and cold temperatures, I hope it warms up very soon. I definitely don't miss those days!




12 comments:

  1. When Afro looks all fluffed up like that it might me think of Brutus, haha, so I hope Brutus didn't put in an appearance after you took the pic :) A nice looking haul and how great to find tasty new seasonings! The lip balm sounds great. I have a really bad habit of losing them after a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny that you mentioned Brutus, because unfortunately for Etta she did make an appearance!
      I always keep my lip balms at home or I would lose them too!

      Delete
  2. More great vegan hauls! Woot! Nice! I'm a little jealous...but...in a good way! LOL I haven't seen that lip balm yet but that's awesome you found it! I, too, lose them after a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen this lip balm before, I kind of accidentally ran into it at Natural Grocers. It was in a random spot next to trial size things. But it's so nice, if you ever see it I really recommend it!

      Delete
  3. I've seen that Green Dragon sauce every time I go to TJs. Vinegary? Damn, I'm sold.

    Unfortunately, I'm kind of a hot sauce shopaholic and don't know if I can justify buying another bottle until I've used up some of the ones I've already stockpiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooooo good. It's unlike any other hot sauce I've ever had. It's so fresh tasting.
      Once your stockpile goes down a bit, you should totally try it!!

      Delete
  4. Your haul is seriously amazing! You hit the jackpot! Those prices are awesome!

    Your meals looks really great too. You got some great photos and your oven fry technique is seriously perfect.

    Hahaha they love their paper! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really scored, especially at Sprouts. I never pay attention to the fliers, but for some reason I did last week. Now I'm always going to pay attention!
      I have become quite an expert on making potatoes! Ha Ha!
      They love that paper so much! I'm going to be ordering another huge bag of the litter, so they will have a whole huge fresh sheet and I can sneakily get rid of the shredded sheet!

      Delete
  5. I'm waiting for it to cool down over here!

    The kitties are so cute with their paper fort! I love how cats can find joy in things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. One of their favorite "toys" is tea bag wrappers crumbled up, or crumbled up post it notes. It reminds me to take pleasure in simple things!
      I hope it cools down soon for you!

      Delete
  6. I got the same lip balm a few weeks ago, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? I love the texture and the smell so much!!

      Delete