Thursday, March 16, 2017

All The Best

It seems like everyday there are new flowers popping up all over the place. I love the new life of spring, it's so beautiful to see. I really feel so alive and refreshed during spring.
I love the color of this smoothie. It's just blackberries and banana. It tasted as beautiful as it looks, very refreshing. Although I love my green smoothies, sometimes it's nice to just have a fruity smoothie.
I returned those awful extra dry kombuchas I got on sale and tried this flavor. It's really, really tasty. I worried it might be too floral-y, but it wasn't at all. It tasted like berries with a bit of lavender. I felt really nice after drinking it too.
For dinner I made some oven fries, of course with sriracha ketchup which is EVERYTHING! I also made the best kale salad I have ever had in my life. Maybe the best salad ever. Here is the recipe. If I could give one piece of advice, it would be to make this salad. The dressing is nothing short of perfection. Make this for someone who swears they hate kale and watch them lick their bowl. This is apparently a riff on Whole Food's kale salad which I've never had, but one thing I know for sure is that this version is cheaper, ha ha. I will be having this on a very regular basis. Last night I used curly kale, next time I want to try it with Lacinato kale. Seriously, make this salad!!
Here's Joan being forced into cuddle mode by Kanye! When Kanye wants to cuddle, you're going to cuddle!




10 comments:

  1. Awesome Smoothie and color! Awwwws to the kitties! Cuddle Time! And SPRING YAY! It's NOT Spring here...boo! Yummy Nom Noms, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope spring comes for you soon. It's time for winter to be gone!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of the springy blossoms! It's ice everywhere over here. I am so over it! Your smoothie is gorgeous and you know I'm all over the fries and salad combo! I'll have to check out that recipe!

    So many cuddles! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so bad for everyone stuck in ice and snow. It's like two different worlds. Now I just have to hope that spring sticks around! I hope it comes to you soon!!
      Check out the recipe for sure!! It's life changing!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like Hyacinth coming up. The cats are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that's what those flowers were, but I wasn't sure. They're so beautiful!!
      They certainly agree that they are gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, I feel like she's begging for help. She likes her own space when sleeping, but Kanye doesn't respect boundaries!!

      Delete
  5. I feel ya, sometimes you just need a smoothie that doesn't taste green and is pretty. Although I learned a new trick with blending cauliflower into a smoothie! I tried it this morning with the leftover stem and you can't taste it, and was smooth with my vitamix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I always feel bad wasting the stem when I make cauliflower wings. I'll have to try that, thanks!!

      Delete