Friday, March 3, 2017

Queen of the Dorks

You guys, I am the dorkiest of all dorks. Like the Queen of the dorks. Before I took my blogging hiatus, I went into the settings and tried to block anonymous comments because I was having issues with someone who disagrees with my political views attacking me, and also some of you who comment. Anyway, then I took my break and came back and no one has been commenting, or so I thought. I felt kind of sad about it, but I wasn't going to bring it up and make anyone feel obligated to comment.
Well, yesterday I decided to go to the settings and allow anonymous comments again. I've decided that person is not going to have that much control anymore, and I'm not going to be scared of them, or of speaking my mind. So, imagine my surprise when I saw that I had a TON of comments waiting to be moderated! I have no idea what the hell I did when I messed around in the settings, but I did something weird! Ever since I started this blog, I pride myself on responding to every single comment, so I feel terrible! I seriously cried, let's say sobbed when I saw the comments! Like the ugliest of ugly cries!! I feel so bad, I never knew they were there. Usually comments show up in my email, and these didn't! I tinkered around, and I think I fixed the issue, but I'm not sure. I'm the least tech savvy person I know, seriously eight year old children are more advanced than me, so it may take a while to fix the issue, but I am so sorry for the lack of responses, and so so happy you guys still care! This weekend I plan on really going in and figuring out the issue. The problem is I just go in and hit buttons until I accidentally fix the problem. I also plan on catching up and responding to these comments. Like I said, major dork here!
Since the public bus is a cesspool of germs and various coughs, sometimes right on my neck, I've been drinking lots of either orange, carrot ginger or grapefruit, carrot ginger juice. It seems to be working because I haven't gotten sick yet. (Knocks on wood immediately) This juice was pink grapefruit, carrot and ginger. Very refreshing and delicious. Grapefruits have been cheaper than oranges this year for some reason.
Last night for dinner I had what else? Oven fries! I got a five pound bag of spuds for $1.25, so this huge plate of fries was probably between thirty and fifty cents. Math isn't really my strong suit, but you get the drift. I always feel full and very satisfied after eating potatoes too. And they keep me satisfied for a long time. I mixed some Just ranch with sriracha for a dipping sauce, and also had a little spicy mustard on the side. Potatoes taste excellent dipped in spicy mustard if you've never tried it.
Here's a few sweet pictures of Joan deep in slumber. It's so rare to see her so deep in sleep, she is usually a ball of energy. Play hard sleep hard around these parts!




16 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad... I'm going to guess taht eight year olds are probably more tech-savy than most of us these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you're probably right. But at least I think I fixed the issue, comments are showing up. I saw your google plus question about the Heidi Ho cheese. I really like it. It's got a really nice smoky flavor.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you stumbled upon the comments; tech stuff can be super confusing sometimes! Yum; oven fries are the best! Joan is so cute; she looks so much like Cringer when she sleeps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I stumbled across them too! What a mess! I do see the similarity with Joan and Cringer!

      Delete
  4. Oven fries sound good!Wonder if you saw my comment back in December-I wished you a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see it! Thank you so much! I love your name by the way, it's my favorite name and also my favorite flower!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Who knows if you'll see this, but what a fun surprise discovering all those comments, right? I love comments too. They just make my day. Btw, I'm making air-fried home fries again for dinner. You've been making me crave potatoes lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it! I managed to fix the issue, whew. It seriously made me so happy to see all the comments, like I said total ugly cry!
      Potatoes are the best. If I go more than a day or two without eating them, I get a mad, mad craving! I have been seeing so many amazing looking recipes using the air fryer. It's on my kitchen dream list for sure!

      Delete
  6. Aww I'm so glad that you found them and that they made you happy! We are all still here enjoying all of your meals, critter pics and stories. Joan is so adorable and potatoes for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found them too, it really made my day! Isn't Joan so sweet? She's usually running around like a mad woman. I finally got the Trader Joe's frozen hash browns, so I'm excited to try my hand with those!

      Delete
  7. I figured you were just having a commenting break... or something? I don't know. My brain hasn't been the sharpest lately. Which is why I hadn't commented for a while, also lately I haven't been commenting on much of anything. But yay for comments again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I thought I was having an anonymous commenting break, not a break from everyone! I'm glad I discovered what was going on!

      Delete
  8. The title of this one made me laugh out loud! LOL!!! I agree! YAY! For comments again! I was thinking the same thing...you were taking a commenting break! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I meant to take a break from the troll, but I accidentally took a break from it all! Like I said, DORK!!

      Delete
    2. I was commenting on all of the posts tho - not sure if you were able to read those or not LOL

      Delete