Thursday, July 3, 2014

Finally I Can Cook Something

So today is the first day in awhile that my apartment is below 82 degrees, so I can finally try a recipe I saw on Fit On Raw which is an awesome YouTube channel if you haven't heard of it you should definitely check it out I have learned a lot of great tips and recipes. Anyway she made a gluten free pizza with oat flour that she made herself by grinding oatmeal in a plain old blender! I don't avoid gluten all the time, but I do limit my intake, and I've always wanted to try experimenting with gluten free flours, but they can be on the pricier side, even in bulk. Oatmeal, on the other hand is inexpensive, even organic oatmeal if you can find it in a bulk bin is inexpensive. So today I will attempt to make my own oat flour for the first time! I never would have thought it would be that easy. The crust looks like it will be sturdy and a little more dense than traditional pizza crust, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I will definitely report back. I don't know about anyone else but this is so exciting, because if I like the pizza, I might try making cookies, or muffins with oat flour. I think oatmeal is actually cheaper than regular all purpose flour. I think this is great news for any people with celiac disease, or people who are very sensitive to gluten, but are also on a budget, because as I mentioned, gluten free flour can be on the pricey side. So I am so happy to learn of an inexpensive alternative! I will report back on making oat flour, and I will report back on the pizza. I know it will be good. I have had a rough couple of days, and cooking always cheers me up, and then the end result is pizza? I am feeling  happier already!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment