Thursday, July 24, 2014

Feeling Proud

For some reason yesterday was kind of a rough day, and I really struggled to maintain a positive mindset. And it was made harder by the fact that I was around some negativity at work, so it was a super tough day, and all day I kept thinking I just want to buy a pack of cigarettes smoke and feel better. That is insane! Smoking makes me feel worse! But regardless of how insane it sounds, it was a battle in my head!
To make a long story short, I fought the feeling all day, and kept telling myself that smoking is not going to solve anything, and that it's okay to feel my emotions without a "buffer". And guess what? My feelings didn't kill me! Anyway I feel proud of myself because I was strong, and I made the right choice, which will snowball into today, and help me to be strong today, and so on and so forth. Maybe I can even inspire someone else to be brave and feel their feelings!
So this gratitude challenge helped me yesterday also as I thought of what I have to be grateful for often! So here are my three for today. 1)I'm grateful for the out of this world organic plums I found. 2) I'm grateful that a fierce love of animals was instilled in me pretty much from birth. 3) I'm grateful that I have the luxury of counting my blessings.
Have a healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment