Friday, June 12, 2015

Vegan This, and Vegan That


      The top picture is my favorite pizza crust, topped with tomato sauce, Chao creamy original, onion, cherry tomatoes, and green olives. Sprinkled with oregano, crushed red pepper, and nutritional yeast. I no longer need to look at the recipe for this crust, I've made it so many times I have it memorized! I can't say enough good things about this recipe!
The YouTube video I'm sharing is a channel I accidentally stumbled across, and I'm happy I did. I liked the message of the video to be kind to yourself. I too can sometimes say some super nasty things to myself, things I would never say to another human. I've only watched a couple of her videos, but I like her style, and sometimes it's refreshing to watch "works in progress", who are learning along with the rest of us. YouTube is full of vegan "experts", and sometimes it get's to be a little much for me to handle, so the universe allowed me to stumble across this channel! I'm going to keep watching for sure.
While people were clutching their vegan pearls over whether Beyonce is or is not a true vegan, this happened. Sometimes you just have to throw your head back and laugh! It's really great news, Miley Cyrus has been a celebrity for soooooo long, and has a huge fan base! Big score for animals. I like that she quietly lived as a vegan for a year before announcing it. I've often been frustrated when high profile people make such a huge fuss, then after a month denounce vegan food. I believe that Miley is committed.
Sometimes when your looking at the negative, you miss the positive things that are happening right under your nose. To me, the face of veganism is not ever going to be any celebrity, it is the people who are strong enough to go undercover and truly witness the horror of factory farms, and the people who devote their lives to animal sanctuaries and shelters. And the most important face of veganism is animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment