Friday, June 26, 2015

My Last Day at Work!!

Walnuts, pineapple, gummies, nectarines, dark chocolate, guacamole!

I got more walnuts for more walnut tacos! I made another batch for dinner last night. I am a person who needs variety, I don't do batch cooking, and then eat the same thing all week. But these tacos are so dang good that I've had them so far four times this week including leftovers. I actually like the mixture better the next day. I have a little suggestion to anyone who might make this recipe. Sub smoked paprika for regular paprika. It just makes the "meat" so much more savory and smoky. I love the combo of cumin and smoked paprika. When I was little, I thought paprika was just something my grandparents sprinkled on their cottage cheese to make it pretty! Ha! The surf sweet gummies are super tasty, vegan, and void of funky, weird chemicals and colors. And the texture is great, soft, but not too sot, and chewy, but not too chewy. I've brought them to work before, and believe it or not every one of my co-workers loved them! They thought they were the best gummies they've ever had! My co-workers are a tough crowd, so that says a lot about how great these bears are!
The truck is rented, I think I found a place(fingers crossed) it's happening! I think I found an apartment for under a thousand dollars a month, which in Seattle is very hard to do! Tonight is my last night at work. I really can't believe it's actually happening. When I left Seattle, I was tortured by all of the things that city has to offer that I didn't do, or didn't do enough. I stream my favorite radio station ever from Seattle, and I was constantly smacking my forehead over what I was missing! Yesterday I was trying to think of anything that this city has to offer that I might want to check out before I go, and there is not one thing. Not a sight, not a restaurant, not a thing. Kind of sad really, but whatever, I'm busting out of here! By the way, if you enjoy music not of the top 40 variety, you should give KEXP a listen.
It's looking like my only possessions coming with me on the move are going to be my clothes, some books, and my kitchen stuff, blender, plates, pots and pans. I was hoping to be able to take my bed, but with the size of truck, and my kitties it just doesn't work. It's fine, everything here is full of depressed energy anyway, but I thought the bed would have maybe been nice for the kitties. Since I will be starting fresh, I'm super glad Seattle has tons of awesome thrift stores! Being a minimalist also helps when starting over! When it comes to furniture I am on the less is more side for sure. The best news is that my potential apartment has on site laundry! Woot! No more creepy laundromats! I don't know if the laundromats are creepy in Seattle because I never had to use one, but I just don't want to find out. I think for the rest of my life I will think of laundromats as creepy. I'm scarred!
I also thought I would mention the name of the town I've been living in and griping about. I didn't mention it before in case anyone who reads this might live here, or know someone who does. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just speak/gripe of my personal experiences. Anyway, I have been living in Erie. Pa. I have to admit that Erie has put such a bad taste in my mouth that I strongly dislike the whole state. Not fair, or rational, but it is how I feel. I am not suited to the more aggressive east coast, I definitely connect to the mellower west coast energy. Speaking of creepy laundromats, I'm off to what I hope is my last trip ever to the laundromat! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment