Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Three Things I Love!

Raw walnut taco spread!
Taco "meat"
stocked up on Coco whip, bonus kitty feet and ears!

Probiotic power, artichoke&olive ravioli, avocado, blackberries!  
Last night I had one of my new favorite foods! Raw walnut tacos from The 22 Day Revolution by Marco Borges. I have been hearing good things about walnut taco "meat" for awhile, but I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. It didn't seem like walnuts pulsed with some spices could actually resemble a savory, satisfying taco. I couldn't have been more wrong. The spices mix with the coconut aminos (I didn't have Balsamic vinegar, so I added extra aminos) and make the walnuts taste so savory and rich. This is seriously one of my favorite new dishes. It's also one of the easiest dishes too. Everything was ready in under ten minutes, (except for the rice I served on the side) I would and plan on making this for non vegans. I would maybe offer corn or flour tortillas as a wrapping option, just to have a more authentic taco experience. I've tried to make lettuce wraps for non vegans with mixed results. I loved wrapping this in butter lettuce leaves. Butter lettuce is the best for wraps/lettuce cups. It's more pliable, and has nice big leaves. I can see why this is one of Beyonce's favorite dishes in the book! I served my tacos with some rice, red onion, avocado, and of course hot sauce! One of my favorite dinners I've had in awhile. All the thumbs up!
I also caved and decided to try the new cashew milk ice cream. I always see The Shenandoah Vegan enjoying the salted caramel flavor, so that's what I chose. I took a couple bites when I got home from my walk, and all I can say is WOW! It's so creamy because it's made out of cashews, and it has dark covered cashews in the ice cream! The fact that I didn't eat more than a few bites is a miracle in and of itself! It's so exciting to see all of these vegan ice creams! The Co-op had more vegan ice cream options than non-vegan options! Woot woot! And they are all so tasty! It is about a dollar or so more  than other vegan options, but in my opinion it is well worth it!
I somewhat recently discovered a new to me YouTube channel, Vegan Geezer, and I've been wanting to share. I'm glad I remembered before my move. I sometimes grow very tired of all of the vegan police and judgment on YouTube. I also have grown weary of the body shaming, food shaming, and shaming in general. I find  myself drawn to people whose agenda is showing how easy and accessible it is to be vegan,  and whose only other agenda is saving animals. Vegan Geezer has a lovely wife, and an absolutely adorable small son, and they take various vegan adventures, popping around to find vegan food and what-not. Anyway, I find is videos to be just what the doctor ordered for me, and I'm always happy when I see a new video. I like his cheerful take on life, and veganism.
Have a wonderful day, and make some walnut tacos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment