Sunday, March 28, 2021

Vegan Natural Grocers and Trader Joe's Haul Featuring The One Amazing Trader Joe's Vegan Tzatziki Dip!!!

 I really wanted to go to Trader Joe's on Thursday or Friday to avoid the weekend crowds, but it was so cold and rainy I couldn't be bothered. Flash forward to me on a sunny Saturday, standing in line to get in to a crowded Trader Joe's, cursing at myself! 

I went to Natural Grocers first, and boy is it a different experience than Trader Joe's. Because Natural Grocers is expensive, you don't see a lot of people doing major shopping. it's more of a run in for a thing or two kind of store. Yesterday it was me and two other shoppers plus employees. It was so nice and relaxing. The calm before the storm!

Although they are expensive, they sometimes have excellent sales, like this week Kevita kombucha is on sale for $1.99 a bottle, and I found the Miyoko's garlic parm butter on sale! I see some awesome garlic bread in my future!

Pita bread, romaine, apples, onion, tofurky slices, vegan tzatziki sauce, roma tomatoe, tofu, cucumbers, celery, slivered almonds, shredded hash browns, blood oranges, carrots, chai concentrate, marinara sauce, veggie spring rolls, lemon, red pepper, rigatoni


I was seeing the vegan tzatziki sauce all over Instagram, and I was so happy my Trader Joe's had it! In my pregan days I made homemade tzatziki all the time, but it's hard to find plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt, at least around these parts. 

Last night's dinner was one of the best things I've made myself in awhile! I just sauteed some soy curls with chickenless seasoning, cumin, garlic, smoked paprika and a little oregano and stuffed it in a pita with a lot of tzatziki, and a cucumber, tomato and red onion salad. This hit every single spot!!

If you love dill and garlic, you will LOVE Trader Joe's tzatziki sauce! I guess they call it a dip, and it is a little thick like a dip. The base is a vegan cream cheese alternative, so not the thinner yogurt I always used. It's not too thick though, it worked as a sauce just fine!! It seems to be getting a lot of love, so hopefully it will stick around for a very long time!!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've got to try that! Have you tried the Simple truth cauliflower tzatziki? It's sooooo good! But I'll look for that at TJ's next time! I haven't been in ages.

    ReplyDelete