Sunday, March 21, 2021

Small Natural Grocers Haul

 I have a very small Natural Grocers haul to show. I don't really go there often because they're expensive, but sometimes they have decent sales, and most importantly they are almost always pretty slow. My front door was getting replaced yesterday morning, and they didn't finish until after one pm. Trader Joe's on a Saturday afternoon? No and thank you! I just picked up a few essentials to last me until a weekday when I can go early in the morning. 

Carrots, red leaf lettuce, kale, nag champa, avocado, bath salts,tofu, crackers, booch, yogi tea, Hope French onion dip, tofurky slices, vegan white choclate(!!!), frozen butternut squash, oranges, vegan chewy candy that's rock hard

It was a cold, grey and rainy day yesterday, so by the time I got home I was wet, frazzled and maybe even a step above hangry. I almost just threw some frozen fries in the oven, but I decided to show some love to myself and make butternut squash soup! It was almost as easy as fries! I just tossed onion, garlic and ginger in a pan with some turmeric, red curry paste, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper, added the frozen squash, red lentils, a few cashews and some coconut flakes. When the lentils were soft I blended it all up and it was so beautiful!

I was feeling all kinds of things yesterday, and I really felt like I wanted to kind of slip back into some of my old, more self destructive coping skills, and I'm proud that instead I made soup. Most of the time it's the small things in life!

3 comments:

  1. Soup is a good coping mechanism! But that is far more than I can bear to think about when I'm hangry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self destructive coping always backfires, while making soup or other small pleasures are beneficial in the long run ( at least in my case). You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you made soup! Hangry normally ends in me just shaving random things into my face.

    ReplyDelete