Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Urban Accents Korean BBQ Vegan Of Course!

 


Last night I decided to try this little meatless mix. It's basically TVP with seasonings already mixed in, so all you have to do is rehydrate the mix, saute an onion, add the mix to the onion, add soy sauce or tamari, saute a few more minutes and bam, you have a meal!

The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was the amazing smell! It smelled garlic-y and really, really inviting. 


 Lettuce wraps are the suggested way of eating these, but of course I didn't have any lettuce for cups so I made tacos. I also made a little slaw with coleslaw mix, veganaise and gochujang. 


This was a really tasty and easy meal. I give it extra points because I've never been able to make TVP taste this good. I guess I've never experimented with these flavors, but still. 

I will definitely buy this again, I like to have stuff like this when I don't want to do a lot of cooking. Also, the leftovers are even better!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, tacos are a great idea! I know you may be tired of rice from your long sojourn in the world without gluten, but rice would also be good with that, I'm sure. Flavoring TVP can be tricky, but Korean barbecue is so flavorful that I could easily see how it could be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious. Tacos with slaw are a great way to serve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear this is good! I've seen it at Sprouts and wondered about it!

    ReplyDelete