Friday, March 12, 2021

Just Some Random Stuff

 After making my naan bread, I had a bit of plain, unsweetened yogurt that needed to be used, so I made some tofu tikka masala. Perfect dish to go with naan bread!


I usually use coconut milk for dishes like this, but marinating the tofu in spices and yogurt, and then using the yogurt for creaminess gives the dish a tang I enjoy. And I love meals where bread is my utensil!


I was very hungry, or I guess I should say hangry the other day, and when I saw spicy potato filled flatbread I was pretty much sold, and then when I saw vegan proudly written on the front I just had to.  I would say this is spiced, not spicy. Delicious! I saw lentil and spinach stuffed options too, both vegan so maybe I'll try the lentil someday!





So this is unfortunately a thing. I feel like all I need to really say is, notice the color and the cost. The bottle is pretty small too. They say to use the milk like any milk, in cereals, coffee, etc. Excuse me but I don't like that color at all. Who wants cereal with green milk? This just feels ridiculous. For years we've been told to support vegan products, because that's what brings the cost down, and interest in vegan foods has only risen, yet each new thing is more expensive than the last. 

Plain Ruffles are my favorite chip. They're salty, and the ridges really hold the salt. Plus, they're so much better than flimsy Lays if you want to dip. I'm pretty sure most flavored Ruffles aren't vegan, and plus when it comes to chips I'm pretty basic. Some of the crazy flavors really make me feel anxious. I want my chips to be chips, not a whole meal. Anyway, I saw someone post about these on the Gram, and yes, they are accidentally vegan! The best way I can describe these are like a slightly sweet BBQ chip, but seriously made with the best BBQ ever. I mean, these things are dangerously good. Twenty out of ten, highly recommend and will buy again, and again!


3 comments:

  1. Buying popular brands always makes me wonder if they are really vegan or is there a hidden ingredient that might be not. Also all these plant milks! The variety is a bit overwhelming and the prices are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Canadian friend raves about these chips and I want to try them SO MUCH!!!

    Avocado Milk... is maybe... going too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on now!!! $6.49 on SALE for 28 ounces. It pains me so much to hear that mom last week at the Safeway in Seattle tell her little daughter who wanted the same oat milk her friends drank: "I'm sorry, honey . . . not this time. We don't have the money to be wealthy vegans yet."

    "It's okay mom, I still love you."

    She bought a gallon of that other milk for $3.29. Can you blame her?

    ReplyDelete