Sunday, March 7, 2021

Vegan Haul Time Featuring Trader Joe's and Whole Foods!

 I have a small Whole Foods and Trader Joe's haul. I lucked out at Trader Joe's, the guy in front of me started the line, and by the time I left there was a very long line. I love it when my timing is on point! I don't mind standing in the line, it's just that I've learned the longer the line, the crazier the inside!

Wheat crackers, vegan cheddar crackers, plant based whipped topping, chocolate covered raisins, Ben and Jerry's vegan cookie dough bites, yellow and German mustard, vegan jalapeno ranch dressing

I was really excited about the plant based whipped topping. I LOVE Cocowhip, like LOVE it. Back when I lived in PA. Dylan and I would just share spoonfuls. Yes, he loved all things coconut! So, I was excited because this was only $2.99, much cheaper than Cocowhip, but I realized too late the base is palm oil, not coconut. I do my very best to avoid palm oil, I don't consider it to be vegan. You see plant based and think you don't have to read the label!! We never stop learning I guess!

Celery, Romaine hearts, carrots, green onion, edamame, mandarin chickenless chicken, tofu

Water Kefir, booch, sumo orange, avocado, Dave's bagels, potatoes, green lentils, apples, lemon, oranges, banana,garlic, instant cold brew coffee

The Dave's bagels are from Smith's. I meant to grab onion bagels which are my FAVORITE at Trader Joe's but forgot.  I also got a new to me flavor of fizzy water from Bubbly, white peach ginger and it is soooooooooo good!!


More new little spring babies! Spring is my favorite season, but this year more than others I'm struggling. I've been pretty unhappy in SLC for awhile, and the climate has something to do with that. Spring seems to last for maybe two weeks, and then it's insane, intense heat and the brutal sun. And the dryness, oh the dryness. I never, ever thought I would say this, but in Utah I prefer the winter. And I am a winter hater, a summer and sun lover!!!But, for right now I need to enjoy peaceful, cool mornings. The calm before the storm I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Someone looks happy about your haul! And I am loving the image in my mind of you and Dylan sharing a spoonful of coconut whip.
    I try and avoid palm oil where I can, but unfortunately due to the main alternative being coconut oil I can't always. I need a third option! A vegan with a coconut fat intolerance, what a time to be alive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize Whole Foods was carrying those grey floof balls now! Where did you get it? In the bulk bins? I rarely get out to WF but I'd definitely make the trip for one of those.

    ReplyDelete