Friday, March 19, 2021

Some More Things I've Tried

 I think I mentioned in my last haul post that I used to love Rising Moon vegan ravioli. My favorite was the butternut squash. I loved having a package in my freezer for a really easy meal that felt fancy. Especially because I can't make ravioli. I know Sprouts used to sell them, but they seem to have replaced Rising Moon with some other brand that has no vegan options. 

Rising Moon was always in the freezer section, and I never thought to look anywhere else. I happened to notice these little guys when I was looking at their hummus offerings. I haven't had ravioli in YEARS, and these were an okay price so I treated myself!

The other night I was having a really down day, and decided that maybe ravioli would bring some cheer. I made a roasted garlic almond Alfredo sauce, and added some garlic-y lentils. 

Definitely not a beautiful dish, but Alfredo with garlic-y lentils is something I will definitely do again! 

The ravioli was honestly kind of a let down. Several fell apart while boiling so it made it kind of a muddy mess, but most importantly they were pretty bland. I'm glad my sauce was flavorful. I expected a stronger taste since they're stuffed with eggplant, garlic, tomato and roasted red pepper. I'd give the ravioli a five out of ten. They were okay, but I won't go out of my way to buy them again.

This is something that I will buy again and again! I like to cut my coffee with decaf so that I can have several cups but with less caffeine. I had gotten some store brand of decaf to save a few bucks, and wow, every time I have the decaf it kills my stomach. But my regular coffee doesn't. Anyway, I decided I needed to get a better decaf, and this was on sale for about the same price as higher quality coffee, so I decided to try it and WOWZERS!!! It's almost like hot chocolate but not, and it made my coffee like the best mocha you could ever try! Ten out of ten!


Since we're on the topic of chocolate, I know I've shown these before, but they deserve another round of applause! These have the perfect amount of salt, and the chocolate isn't super sweet. They're like a crunch bar, if crunch bars were perfect! I've only seen these at Smith's, with their trail mixes and other "healthy" organic snacks. These are one of my favorite things ever!!!



3 comments:

  1. So sorry to learn that the ravioli was bad! It's hard to look forward to something and have it be a dud (as my recent experience with Irish stew proved). But I'm glad you found some good chocolatey things! I have to try to find that cacao. I'm not allowed coffee for medical reasons and that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I loved that Rising Moon ravioli too, but I haven't seen it in forever! I keep seeing the Kite Hill kind, but it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few brands of vegan ravioli here, but they definitely tend towards being more pricey. One of the supermarkets has one that is fairly OK priced, though I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete