Friday, March 5, 2021

Vegan Cheese and Butter and Pasta Oh My!

 

I am a sucker for vegan cheese. When I have a few extra bucks in my food budget I almost always choose vegan cheese over a vegan meat. I'm still searching for a vegan Swiss cheese!

I recently discovered this Nuts for Cheese and so far I've tried the Brie and the Chipotle cheddar wedge. Both incredible! They are velvety smooth and the flavor is incredible! The brie is mild and creamy, and the chipotle cheddar has a real kick! I haven't tried the red rind yet, but I expect great things. This ties with treeline for my favorite vegan cheese! Here is their website if you'd like to check them out!


When I was a kid, my mom used Country Crock. I remember that beige tub always hanging around. I needed butter and my favorite vegan butter Mitoko's is unfortunately not always in my budget, but this was two something at Smith's. I've now used it all the ways, baking, slathered on bread and toast, and last night I used some in my pasta dish. This is dangerously good!! I actually like it as much a Miyoko's and it is so much cheaper. I'd still rather support Miyoko's of course, but I can't always afford to support who I'd like. This gets a ten out of ten from me!!

Last night I made one of my favorite meals, linguini with garlic-y kale and lots of nooch! I added a few dabs of the butter at the end just to make it really luscious. This felt like restaurant quality coming out of my dinky little kitchen!


8 comments:

  1. It is so depressing that quality vegan products are expensive! Not fair and it makes people question veganism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I could seriously rant for days about that. As a matter of fact, I have started and deleted so many posts ranting about this. It certainly isn't helping the animals, because people who eat meat and are on a budget are going to look at the cost of the meat replacements and say no way, understandably. Especially if they have a family to feed!!!

      Delete
  2. I use the Country Crock plant butter in the tub for a lot of things. It's really pretty good! I loved I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Vegan but I can't get it delivered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the I can't believe it's not butter next!!!
      I didn't know a tub was an option for the Country Crock, I need that next!! Is it still beige?

      Delete
  3. We are a family of 7, or 14 if you include our 2 dogs and 5 cats. As much as we would like to buy entirely vegan, it just isn't possible on our limited budget in these times. Unfortunately, our self-preservation and health have to take priority over our desire to be vegan. Even our more wealthier friends can't believe the crazy cost of vegan products. I wish you would rant a bit on this unfairness in vegan food prices. It makes my blood boil! Aargh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes my blood boil too. Like sometimes I have to ignore the sections where that stuff is, because I don't have the energy to get pissed off that day! And it seems like each new thing is more expensive than the last. All while telling us to keep buying because that's what brings the cost down!!
      I am going to do a rant post in the near future. I always get scared for some reason. But I feel like it's not talked about enough or really at all in the vegan community!!

      Delete
    2. Also, I'm sorry. I know how frustrating it is for just me, I can imagine having a whole family to feed!!!

      Delete
  4. What fun finds, that cheese brand looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete