Saturday, July 13, 2019

Tiny Target Haul

Yesterday kind of got away from me, and I didn't make it to the Sprouts and Trader Joe's area. I could have still gone, but it was mid to late morning and I didn't have it in me to deal with Trader Joe's. It's even worse now that it's summer because there are tourists and kids.
I did make it to Target, but I didn't get a lot of food because this Target isn't a super Target with a lot of fresh produce. I was going to get tofu for dinner, and they didn't even have any!!
Black bean burgers, carrots, vitamin C mask, Pacifica drink mixes, iceberg lettuce, guacamole, pineapple coconut popsicle
I really liked the Slay All Day Pacifica drink mix and I had a coupon so I picked up another plus I decided to try the greens powder. Most greens powders I've tried are very, very green but this tastes kind of like lemonade. I'm going to drink the Slay All Day whenever I want, but I'm going to keep the greens powder for emergencies like last week. I really felt a difference not having any fruit or veg in my life. Physically and mentally. So this could really help out when times are tough.
This was dinner last night and it hit the spot! Black bean burgers, shredded refreshing crisp iceberg, guacamole and some tortilla chips. Kind of like a taco salad/ I swear iceberg is the best lettuce in the summer because it's so freaking refreshing!
Today I'm hitting Sprouts and Trader Joe's. I'm going to go as soon as they open to avoid the heat and people as much as I can! Sprouts is having a great sale on produce, and I have a coupon so I have a feeling I'm going to overestimate my strength and get too many heavy things. Story of my life! I'll be back tomorrow with so much fruit and veg!!



4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great haul to get you through until you could get to Sprouts and Trader Joe's. The burgers look so good, that salad looks awesome! I think it's a great idea to have the green powder on hand for emergencies! Hope your trip isn't too brutal (Trader Joe's is always annoying, no matter when you go) and that you get what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice little haul! Our Targets have no food, except for chocolates, so I am always fascinated by what people can get at American Targets.
    The Slay All Day makes me think of Buffy, which always puts a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see those powders at Target and think about getting them. I think they might be on clearance near me? I never get them though. I should look for them next time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks so good, and those popsicles sound fun!

    ReplyDelete