Sunday, July 21, 2019

Good Vegan Eats

Last night I made something totally new to me! Carne asada style soy curls! Now I've never had vegan or non vegan carne asada so this wasn't something I was craving, but the recipe just looked flat out delicious!! I used this recipe. The only change I made was using a veggie bouillon cube instead of no beef broth.
 In their video which is where I originally saw the recipe, they served the carne asada in tacos with chopped white onion and cilantro. So I had mine over quinoa with cilantro and white onion, and lots of green Cholula hot sauce. I highly recommend this recipe. It has a great smoky flavor, and I really love the texture of soy curls!
Isn't it so pretty? Swirly with marshmallows and sprinkles, my inner child is so happy right now! I only took a bite when I got home, but that bite was magical! I don't know how to describe the flavor. When Nada Moo first introduced this flavor, they said it tastes like Lucky Charms cereal. I've never had that cereal so I don't know if that's accurate. But I did get a mini marshmallow in my first bite so I'm sure that means they're generous with them! I will report when I eat more and can maybe figure out the mystery flavor!
Lazy Caturday Afternoon!



4 comments:

  1. Your soy curl bowl looks great, and that ice cream sounds so cute & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream looks so much fun! Something like that would definitely appeal to me.
    The bowl looks good too. Since I've been vegan I've had so many vegan versions of things I never ate as an omni. It really has expanded my eating experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THAT ICE CREAM!!! I need it in my life, it is so pretty and I'm sure so yummy! Hooray for lazy Caturdays! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ice cream! it is magical and hard to describe!

    ReplyDelete