Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Random Wednesday

I found this spice packet at Winco the other day and since it was only a dollar something I decided to give it a try. Although the packet says it's for chicken, the packet itself is just a bunch of spices, so it's vegan friendly. I used tofu for the chicken, and added red lentils because why not!
The recipe is super easy, all you need is an onion, tomato sauce, protein of choice and this packet. I would definitely buy this again, it made an easy and delicious meal!
I also picked this up at Winco. It's pretty dang tasty and it isn't very sweet. I just pour some over ice when green tea isn't quite enough.
I picked these up at Sprouts the last time I was there, and I swear I read the ingredients, but I guess not because last night I had them in the oven, and I noticed they had kind of a coating so I read the ingredients to see if they had wheat in them, and sure enough no wheat but they contain MILK!! What the hell, they're tots with roasted garlic and pepper. I put the milk filled tots in a container that I'll take to work and see if someone will eat them. I hate for them to go to waste. Wish I would have caught that before I cooked them!
Luckily I had some tofu in the fridge, so I just threw that in the oven and made some rice and a peanut sauce. Simple, easy and beige. This very much soothed my nerves because I already had the day from hell, and then I was really, really hangry so this meal really saved my day!
I hope today is a Happy Wednesday!







4 comments:

  1. How annoying about the dairy in the tots! I don't understand why they ruin perfectly good potato products with dairy (it also finds its way into chips which is also annoying)! Your substitute dinner looks amazing and was probably more satisfying. I'm glad the seasoning pack worked out well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, they use whey to make seasonings stick to potatoes, which is how it ends up in potato chips. Maybe this is something similar, but so, so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear they sneak dairy into the most random stuff. It is super annoying. I am glad you caught it before you ate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How disappointing about the tots; they sound like they would be so good otherwise!

    ReplyDelete