Friday, July 12, 2019

Finally a Salad!

It's time to celebrate, my week of lentils and rice is over!! I seriously couldn't be happier. I'm taking an extended vacation from lentils! The old me would have celebrated with a ton of beer, but booch is my fizzy beverage of choice these days! This is one of my favorite flavors! They use just the right amount of cayenne.
I have almost nothing food wise in my house, even condiments! I'm out of tamari, sriracha, green dragon sauce, everything except a random bottle of spicy mustard. It's bad. My food has been real bland this week.
I didn't feel like shopping yesterday, so I just got some tofu and one of those bagged salad kits. I got my favorite, the Asian salad kit with cabbage and carrot and Romaine. You have no idea how much of this past week was spent dreaming of salad, and fruit. I even miss my nasty old celery juice!!!
I ate the whole bag of salad, and I could have had more! The crunch, the refreshing flavor, the FRESHNESS!! It was so, so good!!!! And of course the tofu was amazing. Man did I miss tofu!!!
I'm going to go to Sprouts and Target today so I will be back tomorrow with a haul. It's probably going to be pretty big because my cupboards are bare!


7 comments:

  1. Yay, you did it!!! That salad looks seriously incredible, I'm sure the freshness felt so good. The booch must have felt like such a treat too! I'm glad that you were able to finally get some delicious fresh food in and that you got through the tough week. It's nice to see you back with some lovely food <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously can't believe I made it! It was really really rough!
      The booch tasted so amazing!!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you finally got a break from the lentils and rice! Your salad and tofu meal looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The break was much needed! I'm taking definite break from lentils for awhile!!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about finally getting to have some fresh produce after having pantry meals for a long time! I get excited about salad then, too. Looking forward to your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously nothing beats a good salad!!
      I'm going to Sprouts this morning to get so much produce!!!

      Delete
  4. Yay for salad! Nothing beats getting some fresh veggies in after not having them for awhile.

    ReplyDelete