Monday, March 2, 2015

Chao-a-bunga Dude!

I'm becoming a vegan cheese addict, just when I was getting used to a life without. I used daiya sometimes, but maybe like once or twice a month. But I can't stop eating these chao slices! I am now working on the coconut herb, with black pepper. This one would be great on a toasted baguette, with a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar. It's a little sharper than the creamy original, and definitely is herby, and peppery. This flavor is definitely unique. It doesn't remind me of any type of cruel cheese, but it still has the rich, cheesy texture. I bet it would be super tasty topping a Portobello burger. I ingested the whole package of creamy original cold, and I want to try to do something cooked with the coconut herb. I'm going to experiment today, if I can exercise self control, and not eat all of the slices straight out of the package. I feel like the coconut herb would also be wonderful julienned and added to any kind of fancy salad. It doesn't taste super strongly of coconut, but there is a hint of it for sure. Like I said, it's unlike anything I've tasted before, so it's hard to describe. I haven't yet tasted the tomato cayenne, but so far I would say the coconut herb is the one I would put on a cheese and crackers table. It looks all pretty and fancy with the specks of pepper, and oregano.
I truly feel addicted, and part of me doesn't even want to mess around with cooking this cheese. I'm kind of enjoying my addiction, sneaking slices out of the fridge, worrying about how I'm going to get more. It's just so amazing being able to eat it out of the package, I even bought crackers that I still haven't opened, because the cheese is so dang good I don't want anything else ruining the bite!
Another joyous, beautiful win for Field Roast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment