Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snack Attack

Another company that is nailing it in the vegan snack department is Beanfields. I think their ranch beans and rice chips are if not my all time favorite snack, at least in the top three. The chips have a hearty texture that I love, and the flavor is better than any chip I've had. They aren't super greasy, but also don't taste super healthy either. You feel like you're having a chip. They have several flavors, I haven't tried them all, because I can only find them at the Co-op, and since I don't go there often, I like to stick to what I love, which is the ranch. Well, on my last trip to the Co-op, I had a coupon for something off of two bags, so I forced myself to not buy two bags of ranch. It was super hard by the way. For my second flavor, I chose salt & pepper. I would like to report that while not as in your face delicious as the ranch chips, the salt & pepper satisfied the cravings for chips and dip. These chips were the perfect vehicle for some Kalamata olive hummus I had floating around. They weren't in your face peppery, just a nice salty chip with a little bit of a pepper kick. They are sturdy enough to stand up to even a thick hummus. I would serve these chips to any vegan skeptics in a heartbeat, and watch the shock. All of Beanfields  chips are vegan, gluten free, kosher, and corn free. A serving of these chips has 4g. of fiber, and 4 g. of protein! I don't like super greasy, super chemically chips, but I also don't want to eat a rice cake. I feel Beanfields walks that line perfectly in between total junk, and total healthy super food.
If you like snacking, and you haven't tried these chips yet, I suggest adding these to your must try list. It's another great vegan company making really tasty, quality products. When I eat these chips, I feel like I'm eating a quality product by a company who cares about what they are putting out there, and I feel like they are making the world a better place for us vegans, and ultimately the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment