Monday, February 2, 2015

Nutiva Coconut Oil is Simply Put..... The Best!

I have written often of my love for coconut oil, both for cooking, and most importantly for beautifying!  You will never have softer, healthier skin using anything else. I have been lotion obsessed since I can remember. I think it's very hereditary for me, as I remember a lot of people in my family loving various lotions and potions.
When I first started using coconut oil, in the stores I shop in I could mostly find Spectrum brand, which has done me fine over the years. Coconut oil is becoming much more of a "thing", so it seems every time I go to the grocery, there's a new brand. Well, last week when I needed to replenish my supply, I decided to try a new brand, and I have to say, it's kind of the best thing ever. The brand is Nutiva. It's been around for awhile, it's just newer to me and my market. What I noticed right away is it is remarkably creamier than any brand of coconut oil I've ever used. I always soften my coconut oil in warm water for moisturizing purposes, and I found that wasn't really a necessary step, as it was easy to use in it's natural form. That is amazing news to me, because I do find Spectrum's brand to be almost impossible to use without warming and softening first. My skin feels amazing of course, but in all fairness no better than using Spectrum. It's really just so much easier to use for lotion, and cooking when you don't have to always remember to warm it first.
I bought my jar at Wegman's, I bought the twenty three ounce jar, give or take an ounce. I have a sleepy kitty in my lap. and I don't want to get up and disturb anyone! So I believe I paid around fifteen dollars, which is actually a way better price. And what I have found is it lasts forever! A little goes a long way for cooking, and beautifying. When you use something on your skin that is so nourishing, you don't have to reapply it, or use a ton. And the same with cooking. Coconut oil can give a dish that rich, fatty flavor that a lot of meat eaters are terrified of giving up. I add about a half to a full teaspoon to cooked rice, and I add a touch to my chickpea/ noodle soup which makes it a little rich, and just makes it more satisfying.
Coconut oil is also good for your fur pets skin and fur as well. In addition to daiya, my main squeeze Dylan also enjoys a little coconut oil every time I use it. If I don't give him a little, he will follow me around licking my skin!!
If you share my love of coconut oil, look for Nutiva  at your grocery, you won't be disappointed, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment