Thursday, October 1, 2020

Soup's On!

 

There are so many kinds of tofu at the Asian market, and this is one of my favorites. It's sold in a little specialty freezer marked vegan, with a ton of vegan meats. Like almost anything, I've seen spareribs, chicken drumsticks, and all kinds of seafood. 

But you know me, I stick with what I love, and I love tofu! This tofu has tiny little pieces of veggies like sweet corn, peas and carrot. It has a great texture, and has nice vegetable-y flavor. I've always thought it would be a great stand in for chicken in some kind of chicken soup. 


I've been staring at this risoni in my pantry wondering what to do with it. I'm definitely not a fan of this clunky "grain alternative" as a stand it for delicious fluffy rice. But, I thought it might work in a soup, like a chicken and rice or barley type of soup.


It gave me an excuse to use this seasoning which got shoved all the way back in the pit of my spices. 

A little onion, celery and carrot along with this seasoning and this soup tasted like a hug after a day of sledding or something cozy like that. 


3 comments:

  1. I love walking around the Vietnamese market here and finding all sorts of new-to-me vegan meats! Also LOVE that TJ's seasoning. I use it on tofu all the time. And in my ramen broth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tofu sounds so good. I will have to see if we have anything similar next time I'm at an Asian grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete