Saturday, October 17, 2020

Cookie Crumbles!

 A few weeks ago I went seven days with no sugar and had carbs only in the morning, protein and low carb veggies only for dinner. Unfortunately I didn't notice any spectacular changes. 

During those seven days I craved chocolate really badly, so I found some vegan chocolate chips sweetened with Stevia. Needless to say they didn't help!

Since they were expensive, and I know I'll never be desperate enough to eat them plain, I decided to hide them in cookies!

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! The chips are bearable in cookies which is great news! I used this recipe if anyone's interested. I subbed peanut butter for the oil, and they are still nice!


I was at Winco the other day, and they had Morningstar products on sale for $2.98, and a lot of the bags had a dollar off coupon! I used to love the beefless crumbles, and for under two dollars, yes please!If only their stuff weren't so gluten-y I would have tried some of their newer vegan offerings! If you live near a Winco, stock up!


I have only made tacos with the beefless crumbles. My go to for years! So, yesterday I decided to switch things up, and I made vegan Thai basil beef and rice!

I've never had this dish vegan or not, so I have no idea how it holds up, but for my tastes and needs it was delicious! Gingery and a little spicy, perfect! I used this recipe which I highly recommend!


Yesterday the sun was shining on the edge of my bed, but Kiki was guarding that spot, so Bubba laid with his little feetsies getting some sun. Something is better than nothing!

3 comments:

  1. Your beef & rice bowl looks amazing!
    Cute lil Bubba paws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that whether it was authentic or not it was delicious! It looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cute little sunkissed paws.
    I'm laughing a bit at you writing about the stevia chocolate chips. Stevia is so gross, so everything your saying is funny because it is so true.

    ReplyDelete