Monday, October 12, 2020

Thoughts on a Few Things

 I've tried a few new to me things recently, so I figured I would share what my thoughts are. I always like to see reviews before I buy things, especially any specialty vegan food because it's rarely budget friendly. 



I found the Just Folds a few weeks ago on sale at Smith's and finally got around to trying one. I have seen some drool worthy breakfast sandwiches made out of these, but on this day I needed groceries so I had no greens, avocado or cheese. So, I just heated the fold up, toasted some gluten free bread and added a smear of veganaise. 

The fold has more flavor than the liquid, but it still doesn't have an eggy flavor. For me that's a positive, but I would say if you miss eggs you probably would want to add black salt. 

My big problem with Just Egg is the price. I know the price has come down since they first launched, but it's still so much higher than eggs. There's no way someone on a budget would be able to trade their eggs for Just. 

This was new at Winco, and under two dollars! Sadly, it had very little blood orange flavor. It wasn't bad, just not great either. 


I found this at a little farm stand somewhere in Utah or Colorado. It's very spicy, with a little sweetness and not too vinegary. I wish I would have gotten two bottles!



I found these at Trader Joe's. They're like a spicy Vegan Rob's puff. They are very spicy, so if you have a low spice tolerance, these aren't for you. But if you like it, I highly recommend!


I couldn't pass up this spicy cashew butter dressing at Trader Joe's. It's a little spicy from the red chili peppers, but it's also zippy from the ginger and I can definitely taste the lime. It's pretty great on salads, and I bet it would be great on a cold noodle salad. 


I got this to use as a creamer for tea and coffee, but I did taste it alone first and zoinks this is pretty great! The milk, or "beverage" is nice and thick, similar to Oatly and the maple flavor is perfect. Sweet, not too sweet. I think this would probably be pretty incredible in oatmeal!


Not food of course, but I always love beautiful deep blue skies and changing leaves!

1 comment:

  1. I was curious about that oat milk when I saw it in your photo, and I am glad it lived up to my hopes and dreams! Only problem is I can't try it, but I am glad you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete