Sunday, October 4, 2020

Through a Sea of Haze

 Yesterday I went on a road trip hoping to see some beautiful fall foliage. Unfortunately, the air quality yesterday was the worst I've seen it since living in Utah, and there just aren't a ton of trees in Utah. I remember growing up in the Midwest fall leaves were a thing to behold.


As you can see it was haze as far as they eye can see. You could barely even see the mountains!

I still had a blast, I always love a good road trip. Back when I drove and owned a car, I used to take random road trips by myself all the time. Not having a destination or plan was the best part of it!


I found this at a random grocery store somewhere in the sticks of Utah. This stuff is AMAZING! Picture french onion dip, but with garlic! The ingredients are pretty basic, so I think I want to try and recreate this on my own!


Not trying to promote Shell in any way, but I loved seeing this old time-y truck. I thought it was a caboose or train, but now looking at the picture I see it's a truck. 


Stopped at a little roadside farm stand on the way home. Look at those beautiful apples! I'm also excited to try the hot sauce, which is homemade and I'm sure going to be a million times better than any hot sauce I've had! And the pickles are AMAZING!!!


I also found these and decided to give them a try. I've seen a lot of vegans recommend these, and I gotta say??? At first crunch they have a decent flavor, but the problem is as you chew the texture is so dry and chalky, it kind of cancels out the flavor. These are a horrible representation of vegan snacks. I definitely do not recommend these. If I'm paleo and snacks are like this, I'll just skip snacks!

I haven't had delivery pizza in a million years. Definitely not since moving to SLC, and going gluten free. You guys know I don't eat out often for several reasons, and the problem with gluten free pizza is that the crust is rarely vegan. They really like to use eggs and honey in gluten free baked goods. But I found a place that not only had vegan gluten free crust, but vegan cheese! I got the extreme veggie with artichoke hearts, spinach, red onion, tomatoes and garlic. And vegan cheese of course! Ten out of ten for the pizza, three out of ten for the crust, which is just the reality of gluten free anything. The free stands for free of all that's good. 


5 comments:

  1. 'Free of all that's good'... oh my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's one loaded, delicious-looking pizza! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    Can you report back on the Dad's Red Jalapeno Sauce? I heard it's supposed to taste hot and sweet at the same time. I'm always interested in unique homemade hot sauces. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hot, but you heard right, it has a slight sweetness that I enjoy. I really like it, I've had it with rice, and last night I mixed a little with some veganaise for a nice dipping sauce!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun road trip, even if you didn't get to see as much fall foliage as you'd hoped! Your little haul from the roadside farm stand looks great, and yay for delivery pizza!

    ReplyDelete