Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Something Old, Something New

 You guys know I have a love hate, mostly hate relationship with all things gluten free. Every once in awhile I come across an item that surprises me, but those are rare beautiful moments. I had one of those moments Saturday during my road trip. 


These remind me of Ritz crackers, which I used to love. They're a little less flaky of course, but still pretty close. I had these with the Hope foods garlic dip, and they held up nicely with dip.


Smith's has had their water kefir on sale for a few weeks now, and I've tried all three flavors, mango orange, ginger pear and now lemon lime. The mango orange is my favorite, but this is a very close second. Really nice lemon lime flavor. I love water kefir, I need to learn how to make my own!


I had some garlic dip left, so I had some Yukon and purple sweet potato wedges with the dip and a little BBQ. So tasty!


I found this the other day and had to get it. I love Elmhurst cashew milk, and I love Chai spice so come on! It's really nice, I tried it this morning in some cinnamon coffee. 


I ran to Natural Grocers the other day looking for soy curls, and left with these! Sadly, they were all out of soy curls, but since I LOVE Hodo Soy tofu, I grabbed these veggie burgers. They're basically a patty version of their tofu, seasoned with some onion, carrot, and mushrooms. Ten out of ten!


Served Carl's Jr. style in an iceberg "bun" with veganaise, red onion, avocado and yellow mustard. These are probably my favorite veggie burger. Great texture, not too oily, and not trying to be anything other than delicious!


6 comments:

  1. So much good stuff in here! I'm intrigued by this garlic dip! And I love Hodo, so I must try these burgers. And that creamer!!! I haven't been to Sprouts in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garlic dip is like French onion, but garlic!
      I love Hodo too, and the burgers have the same great texture as their tofu!
      The creamer tastes great, but it kind of seperates in warm beverages which is kind of a turn off. Too similar to curdling!

      Delete
  2. I love all the food here, it looks wonderful. And hurrah for finding a good gf cracker! I have seen that brand around here before, but I haven't really checked them out before. But in the future when you come visit, I will know which crackers to stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few of their gluten free products, and they're all pretty decent!
      Also, I have to come visit so you can show me all the best vegan food! And also radish cakes!

      Delete
  3. Some nice sounding things here! I'd like to drink more kefir. Most of it here is dairy based but I have found some made with coconut water which I love. It tastes like American Cream Soda which was always my favourite fizzy drink as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love water kefir too. It's so much lighter than kombucha!

      Delete