Thursday, October 15, 2020

What I Ate With a Little This and That!

 I've been trying to make sure I have at least one salad a day. Some days it's easier than others, but overall I'm doing pretty well. I don't love a lot of vegetables, so instead of forcing myself to eat what I don't love, why not just make sure I'm eating enough of the veggies I do love. 

Now that it's getting cooler, I like to have salads for breakfast, because for dinner I usually want nice warm foods.


Yesterday I had this beauty. Romaine, red onion, avocado, falafel, and spicy cashew butter dressing. This really hit the spot!



I'm still having celery juice three or four days a week. I still have to add apple to mine, people that drink it straight are tough!


I finally found this! This is the cheese I want to when I make to tomato cheese rice dish I love so much! I tasted a piece when I got home, and although it's been a million years, it does have that sharp cheddar taste I remember!


Speaking of recipes I love, this is Alison Roman's internet famous chickpea stew. If you Google the stew, this will be the first result! Here is the recipe, I highly, highly recommend! I've made it so many times I pretty much have it memorized! I halve the recipe, and yesterday I used green lentils and potatoes in place of the chickpeas. I think I prefer lentils to be honest!



I love when the leaves are green and yellow. Especially when the sun hits the yellow leaves and they look so glittering and gold. 


He decided to leave his perch as soon as I tried taking his picture. Cats! I love seeing him do simple cat things, staring out the window at squirrels, finding a ray of sun and lounging, and my favorite, tossing around a toy and playing soccer! He's really adjusted to lazy indoor life and I love it!

6 comments:

  1. hello can you please tell me why everyone is drinking celery juice these days. i dont like celery and think im missing out on some secret thing. what does drinking celery juice do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, people say celery juice helps with all kinds of things, anxiety, skin issues, weight loss. I think some guy called the medical Medium really started the trend a few years ago. Honestly, I don't notice any amazing benefits, but I also don't drink it every single day, and I don't drink it straight which is how you're really supposed to do it. I guess I just drink it because I like to have a green juice a few times a week, and just in case any of those claims are true, why not have my juice of choice be celery.

      Delete
  2. I bought the Trader Joe's Organic Jalapeno Corn and Rice Puffs today only b/c of your recommendation. Your taste senses are spot-on. I enjoyed each little tasty puff and I love reading your blog. Muchas gracias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved them! I need to get more in case they're a seasonal snack!
      Wow, thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate and needed it today!

      Delete
  3. Your falafel salad sounds nice, and that tree is so pretty!
    Kitty in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd prefer lentils, too. Lentils are SOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete